Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC:

Fitting a reversing camera 4 years 11 months ago #55

• Oneill
  • Thank you received: 0
I have just had a camera fitted by a Renault dealer.They had my car for two and a half weeks to complete the instal.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Fitting a reversing camera 4 years 11 months ago #56

• darenh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 154
Good grief, it used to take me about 1 1/2 hours and that was running in a 12v.
After I did some digging and moving on to the 6v cameras, think 1/2 hour is more fitting, including enabling in rlink2

Re:Re:Fitting a reversing camera 4 years 11 months ago #57

• darenh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 154

Yes, camera provide it own guidelines as I can see. The narrower one are from camera and wider one with dynamic are from R-Link. Pretty messy, though R-Link guidelines looks OK...

I’ve left both on in fact in mine. It works quite well when reversing up the drive, and I’m used to it looking as it is as it’s been there for 2 1/2 years niw

Re:Fitting a reversing camera 4 years 11 months ago #58

• AOne
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 251

I have just had a camera fitted by a Renault dealer.They had my car for two and a half weeks to complete the instal.

What?!? Mine is also retrofitted in my local Renault dealer. Took them less than 2 hours... Waited 5 days for delivery, then they phoned me and that's it. The bad thing is it costed 618 euro, but I do not regret any cent spent. The best extra fitted, ever.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
1.6 dCI, 2WD, Zen+ , Retractable Tow Bar.
RLink 2 - V9.0.34.610, Here Maps (2021/Q4) + TomTom POIs and SpeedCams (2021_06)

Last edit: by AOne.

Re:Fitting a reversing camera 4 years 11 months ago #59

• JohnBridge
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
618 Euro seems a bit steep. In 2017 when we bought our Signature Nav Kadjar, we paid extra for the "Parking Pack Premium". For £500 that included: Blind-spot warning, 360 degree sensors, rear camera and hands-free parking. That's about 580 Euro at today's exchange-rate? On the other hand, the Signature Nav was £1200 more than the Dynamique S Nav, and you couldn't have a camera factory-fitted on that....

Re:Fitting a reversing camera 4 years 11 months ago #60

• AOne
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 251

618 Euro seems a bit steep. In 2017 when we bought our Signature Nav Kadjar, we paid extra for the "Parking Pack Premium". For £500 that included: Blind-spot warning, 360 degree sensors, rear camera and hands-free parking. That's about 580 Euro at today's exchange-rate? On the other hand, the Signature Nav was £1200 more than the Dynamique S Nav, and you couldn't have a camera factory-fitted on that....

Yes, that's right. I was stupid not to order the entire pack, and decided I need this cam after delivery :) So this is the price of not thinking thoroughly prior purchase. The dealer said - "Why would you need it, spare the money." Silly me, believing to people light years away from techy stuff...
1.6 dCI, 2WD, Zen+ , Retractable Tow Bar.
RLink 2 - V9.0.34.610, Here Maps (2021/Q4) + TomTom POIs and SpeedCams (2021_06)

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.378 seconds