Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC:

Re:Re:Re:Fitting a reversing camera 4 years 10 months ago #67

• Jkousholt
  • Thank you received: 3
I can confirm fhat the following license plate light replacement glass will fit the Kadjar and mount the square China cam.
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/G0oyrsM

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Re:Re:Fitting a reversing camera 4 years 10 months ago #68

• jayrgee
  • Thank you received: 4

I can confirm fhat the following license plate light replacement glass will fit the Kadjar and mount the square China cam.

Thanks for the info, I couldn't get the link working so can I check if it's the BigBigRoad Car Rear View Reverse Backup Parking Camera For Renault Kadjar at AliExpres? If so, are you using the 12V camera and which of the 3 kits did you buy, ordinary, with power relay or wireless? If you are using the 12V camera how are you powering it?

I have just acquired a 2018 Kadjar Dynamique S, 1.3 petrol with no reversing camera so looking to retrofit. I am making the assumption I have the boot connector to make things a little easier. I've not been able to find a 6V camera except for a few Renault official cameras that seem quite pricey for secondhand on Ebay. If anyone can recommend a source please let me know.

Appreciate the info provided by the contributors to this forum which is of great benefit as a new owner.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Renaultidea

Re:Re:Re:Re:Fitting a reversing camera 4 years 10 months ago #69

• Jkousholt
  • Thank you received: 3

Thanks for the info, I couldn't get the link working so can I check if it's the BigBigRoad Car Rear View Reverse Backup Parking Camera For Renault Kadjar at AliExpres? If so, are you using the 12V camera and which of the 3 kits did you buy, ordinary, with power relay or wireless? If you are using the 12V camera how are you powering it?

I have just acquired a 2018 Kadjar Dynamique S, 1.3 petrol with no reversing camera so looking to retrofit. I am making the assumption I have the boot connector to make things a little easier. I've not been able to find a 6V camera except for a few Renault official cameras that seem quite pricey for secondhand on Ebay. If anyone can recommend a source please let me know.

Appreciate the info provided by the contributors to this forum which is of great benefit as a new owner.

Yes it's the 6 volt NTSC camera from BigBigRoad

The following user(s) said Thank You: jayrgee

Re:Re:Re:Re:Fitting a reversing camera 4 years 10 months ago #70

• darenh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 154
Just use one of these, there’s a place to put it on the Kadjar
There’s no 12v feed to the tailgate.

£7.20 11% Off | thehotcakes 5V 6V 12V Camera Head Without Holder, Video and Power Wires / HD Reverse Backup Rear View Parking Camera
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/cVplyl8y
The following user(s) said Thank You: NealM722, jayrgee, Renaultidea

Re:Re:Re:Re:Fitting a reversing camera 4 years 10 months ago #71

• jayrgee
  • Thank you received: 4
Jkousholt and darenh, thanks for your replies, not sure how I missed the 6V version! My biggest concern installing this is removing the trim to access the connector without causing damage to the fasteners. Out of interest has anybody had feedback whether this is likely to cause any problem with warranty?

Re:Re:Re:Re:Fitting a reversing camera 4 years 10 months ago #72

• darenh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 154
I’ve not had a problem with my local dealer, in fact they have been great upto now and are aware of my mods!
The following user(s) said Thank You: jayrgee

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.148 seconds