Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Car started spontaneously. 2 years 9 months ago #1

• john r
  • john r's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 4
Hi
My 2016 1.5 dci Bose version automatic on 2 recent occassions started uo while I was sitting in the car. I am sure I did'nt touch brake peddle or obviously did'nt push the start button so was wondering if anyone had a similar experience. I contacted the local main dealer and the service receptionist said she was not familiar with this occurance but if it happened again to bring car in and they would run a diagnostics test. I have had a diagnostics test done on a previous Renault I owned and they can be expensive. My cars warranty is out since last month (murphy's law) so was hoping someone might be able to help who has experienced this. Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by john r.

Car started spontaneously. 2 years 9 months ago #2

• duracel3634
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 247
Just want to double-check, had you been driving and stopped without switching the engine off so the Stop/Start function was running?
If so, were you running the Climate control and A/C, if so, when the interior gets too warm the engine will restart. Also if just running the heating and it gets too cold it will start.
Additionally, if there is a lot of power being drawn on the battery or the battery is not holding the charge very well it will restart.
All the above has happened to me with the exception of the battery not holding much charge.
2016 Black 1.2 TCE Signature Nav S Manual Petrol Bose with Tech Pack and Drop Tow Bar
Running Rlink 2 Version: 9.0.34.611 Boot 5661- Self activated Android Auto - Map Version: mappackage_tt_feu_mid_2018_06
Renault Austral Estate1.2 E-Tech FHEV Iconic Esprit Alpine 5dr Auto 4C

Car started spontaneously. 2 years 9 months ago #3

• john r
  • john r's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 4
Thank you very much for your reply. I would have stopped car by just pushing start/stop button and would maybe have had radio only on. Heating or aircon was off but I will pay more attention if it happens again as to whats running at the time.Was not overly worried as I presume it will not restart if I'm not in car and keycard is not in it at the time. Thanks again for your help on this.

• Page:
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.115 seconds