Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Non coverage of insurance on panoramic roofs by most insurance companies in ROI. 3 years 3 months ago #1

• john r
  • john r's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 4
Hi, I recently shockingly discovered when I was renewing my insurance that the panoramic roof on my Kadjar Signature is NOT covered by my insurance company in R.O.I.
This I'm sure will be of interest to many drivers of cars with panoramic roofs as I feel that most drivers will not be aware of this. I have full comprehensive cover with FNCB plus a few more bells and whistles on my policy.This "reputable"company DOES cover panoramic roofs in the U.K. including Northern Ireland but not the "poor suckers"in the south. This to me is totally crazy as the panoramic roof is an integral component of the car like a door or a wing or a bonnet.I have discovered that there is one company that does cover both "sun roofs and panoramic roofs" but I am going to further investigate this and maybe take it to the ombudsman. I will post any further updates on this and hope that others will also contribute.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ALAN 1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Non coverage of insurance on panoramic roofs by most insurance companies in ROI. 2 years 9 months ago #2

• JarBose
  • Thank you received: 0
Hey bud, that’s strange.

I’m in Ireland as well, and Allianz covers the panoramic roof for our Kadjar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re:Non coverage of insurance on panoramic roofs by most insurance companies in ROI. 2 years 9 months ago #3

• john r
  • john r's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 4
Hi JarBose
That was the case when I posted a few months ago. I must apologise for not updating sooner. However,alls well that ends well. It would appear that some gentle persuasion encouraged them to change their stance. Which is very good news even though the chances of the panoramic roof being damaged is extremely slim it is nice to know that they are now covered at least by Allianz. Maybe other insurance companies followed suit but safer to check first.
When I checked back when I renewed my insurance I don't think there were many covering the panoramic roof.

• Page:
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.103 seconds