Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me
This Category is specifically for the engine 1.2 TCE as there seems to be a suggestion that there may be a floor with the design.

Boyko has made the suggestion that there is a more dedicated thread for all things relating to this Engine, so here it is starting with the email he sent me.

TOPIC:

1.2 TCE engine noise 5 years 6 months ago #7

• Guzzilazz
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 18
That seems to be at "engine revs" rather than half engine revs which would be cam chain tensioner, or so my logic goes... spent a few years looking after Honda SOHC 400/4's that needed "assistance" for the chain tensioner to work so used to listening to cam chain. 
Larry

Essex

2017 Ford Kuga Titanium 2.0 150bhp 2wd Ruby Red
ex 2017 Kadjar Dynamique S Nav Flame Red

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1.2 TCE engine noise 5 years 6 months ago #8

• Boyko
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 76
Mine sounds nothing like this - its way quieter and no such rattling noise. You need to get it checked.
One of the first Kadjars from Nov. 2015 - 1.2 TCe Manual ZEN - "old" R-Link (gen 1.1, soft 2.2) successfully updated to 3.3 with AA

1.2 TCE engine noise 5 years 4 months ago #9

• matca484
  • Thank you received: 0
New forum member here. Kadjar owner almost 3 years now, about 25000 miles driven. I also have the rattling sound. Mechanic said the cam chain was stretched and needs replacing. It is apparently not uncommon for this engine unfortunately. Did you find out what was the cause of your rattling sound sambec?

1.2 TCE engine noise 4 years 7 months ago #10

• Boyko
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

Mine sounds nothing like this - its way quieter and no such rattling noise. You need to get it checked.

So I guess I spoke too soon - or did I?

Not the same noise but for about a week now I've noticed this weird noise that sounds like a thermal shield got lose or something. Had it checked right away and was told that its something "in the periphery" around the engine, so I shouldn't be worried.

Car is now in with the dealer for yearly service and inspection since yday (4th service, major one - spark plugs, coolant, brake fluid, accessory belt etc) and they're also looking to fix that noise. But so far they can't pinpoint the source. I'll update this post when I have more details, hope its useful for other 1.2 owners.

Oh and cross fingers its not something major. I was told whatever it is its covered under warranty, but still, would prefer to keep this engine..
One of the first Kadjars from Nov. 2015 - 1.2 TCe Manual ZEN - "old" R-Link (gen 1.1, soft 2.2) successfully updated to 3.3 with AA

1.2 TCE engine noise 4 years 7 months ago #11

• Boyko
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

So I guess I spoke too soon - or did I?

Not the same noise but for about a week now I've noticed this weird noise that sounds like a thermal shield got lose or something. Had it checked right away and was told that its something "in the periphery" around the engine, so I shouldn't be worried.

Car is now in with the dealer for yearly service and inspection since yday (4th service, major one - spark plugs, coolant, brake fluid, accessory belt etc) and they're also looking to fix that noise. But so far they can't pinpoint the source. I'll update this post when I have more details, hope its useful for other 1.2 owners.

Oh and cross fingers its not something major. I was told whatever it is its covered under warranty, but still, would prefer to keep this engine..

Just got a call, apparently cam chain stretched here too, they're replacing it under warranty. Only 42,000 kilometers on the clock. Let you make your own conclusions.
The following user(s) said Thank You: AOne

Re:1.2 TCE engine noise 4 years 7 months ago #12

• AOne
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 251
By the way, what happened with the oil consumption? Have you mentioned it, so they could have a closer look when changing the cam chain?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
1.6 dCI, 2WD, Zen+ , Retractable Tow Bar.
RLink 2 - V9.0.34.610, Here Maps (2021/Q4) + TomTom POIs and SpeedCams (2021_06)

Last edit: by AOne.
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.128 seconds