Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Car locking problem 3 years 7 months ago #1

• jamiemac
  • jamiemac's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi everyone,
First posting on the forum so hopefully in the right location. Hoping there is someone experiencing the same issue I have at the moment. Recently everytime I lock the car, it emits too long and very loud high-pitched beeps, its a 65 plate and I've not had any issues up until now. I have searched long and hard for any owners who have had the same issue but to no avail. Think it could be a sensor problem but wondered if there is a quick fix that I'm overlooking. I've booked it in to my nearest renault dealer (Arnold Clark, not my favourite) in a couple of weeks, £117 just to have a look!!
Any advice would be greatly appreciated. If I reluctantly have to pursue the Arnold Clark route, I will post the outcome on here for future reference for anyone.
Thank in advance for any replies
Jamie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Car locking problem 3 years 7 months ago #2

• darenh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 154
Two long bleeps denotes an issue between the 2 main units.
There’s a control unit under the passenger footwell kick panel and there’s a sounder unit under the windscreen trim where the wipers are. It’s supposed to have a backup battery in the sounder for thatcham approval, weather this is a battery or capacitor battery I don’t know.

Having not had such a fault I have had no reason to take it apart although a guy on our fb forum works as a service technician, says when ever there’s any fault it needs a new unit and a a flash update. I can’t see this myself as there’s not much interaction with the vehicle, door lock/unlock, power.
As a note, UK vehicles, the alarm is fitted at the import centre along with other accessories ordered from the dealer such as towbars etc

Car locking problem 3 years 7 months ago #3

• jamiemac
  • jamiemac's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Cheers Daren for your quick reply and taking the time to investigate the problem. Kudos for getting an answer for me, even Renault wouldn't divulge any information when I asked them.I will update the forum on the outcome from Arnold Clark and importantly I have a good idea of what to expect and the strain on the old wallet.

• Page:
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.124 seconds