Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC:

Latest maps 3 years 9 months ago #505

• Robertp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 199
From my opinion is quite a risk... Devices with V7 and even some latter V3 has a modified hardware, so less problems with BT, more system memory, better CPU, etc etc...
If everything is fine then go and spend 80EUR for upgrade. But bare in mind, downgrade on fault upgrade will bring you a lot of problems you can read about in this forum (no PDC, camera, etc etc...)
So if somebody else will take full responsibility on upgrade then go for it. Otherwise can happen to spend 10 times more to buy a new device which, to be honest, will already have V9 installed.
2016 White 1.6 dCi 4WD BOSE with Premium Techno Pack, Winter Pack, Panoramic glass roof & autodipp mirror and retractable towbar.
Added ambient illumination, few chrome trims,
Replaced R-Link2 V2.2 SW version 9. 0.34.611, enabled Android Auto and CarPlay (change USB slots)
Maps: Here 2022Q2
The following user(s) said Thank You: kadjar162

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Latest maps 3 years 9 months ago #506

• darenh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 154
Hi Robert
Do you have any links to the V7 to V8/V9 path, is it an OE update or unofficial.
If unofficial any links to the original source. Thanks

Latest maps 3 years 9 months ago #507

• Robertp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Daren

Official upgrade is only inside version... There is a TECHNOTE and upgrade to V7 from 2.2.19.300 at authorized Renault garage but as I said some garages decline to do upgrade or play like we do not know nothing about... A lot of working devices killed during upgrade process.
If somebody wants to play, I think I still have all versions (7.x, 8.x and even 9.x) but honestly I am not sure what benefit will have with upgrade... I mean AndroidAuto is unlocked, iGo part also... CarPlay is depended either from new front USB connector but I think also with new device which has built-in chip. First devices from 2015 and 2016 are too old to have even standard for this. Newer devices (literally with upgraded HW) has all this stuff built in... This were somewhere in 2017, when 3.3.16.94x were issued.
2016 White 1.6 dCi 4WD BOSE with Premium Techno Pack, Winter Pack, Panoramic glass roof & autodipp mirror and retractable towbar.
Replaced R-Link2 V2.2 SW version 9. 0.34.611, enabled Android Auto and CarPlay (change USB slots)

Latest maps- & Android Auto 3 years 9 months ago #508

• Steveyb80
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi, I've just joined the group, I have only last week purchased a 66 registration Renault Kadjar which is a great car but I'm a bit disappointed it didn't have Android Auto installed as standard which it said it had on the dealers website/sale guide. I have read on the Italian forum and on here that if I book my car into a dealership they will update the software on the media device from 2.19.300X to version 7 which gives you Android Auto? I've booked the car in for the 22nd and have said i'm having mobile phone connection issues so they have agreed to do this. I just want to ask what to do upon receiving the car back to get Android Auto activated, does anyone have a guide at all?, also to update the maps I noticed via R-LINK site it's £75 for only a year, is there anyway to update the GPS maps by paying less than this. Lastly I've noticed my reverse camera every now and then the screen picture goes fuzzy , is this normal has anyone else experienced this issue?, will the software update also fix this?, Appreciate all you help, many thanks Steven.

Latest maps- & Android Auto 3 years 9 months ago #509

• Robertp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
He he. Wellcome to the real world. Rule of thumb No. 1:
If your car haven’t had AndroidAuto and CarPlay on version 2.2.19.300 (which is normal) then it wouldn’t have on upgraded version. Simply. And the will not activated it for you. You must activated this feature either trough Developer mode or with Connection trough ELM module and DDT4all software.
You have a plenty of instructions on how-to here on this forum.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Steveyb80

Latest maps 3 years 9 months ago #510

• Karl
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 27
The thread is getting so long (but interesting), that it's difficult to get an overwiew of what is latest. Are iGo maps from 2020 available? The last I have seen are q4 2019. If not, do you know when they can be expected?
1,2 TCe EDC Night&Day prod. Oct. 2016
R-link 2 Ver. 7.0.24.161 (upgraded from 2.x by dealer).
Self activated Android Auto
Here maps

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.122 seconds