Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC:

Latest maps 3 years 8 months ago #523

• duracel3634
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 247
If you give me the Word Doc, I can work with that and put it in a page on the website with the links intact.

You can Email it to me at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
2016 Black 1.2 TCE Signature Nav S Manual Petrol Bose with Tech Pack and Drop Tow Bar
Running Rlink 2 Version: 9.0.34.611 Boot 5661- Self activated Android Auto - Map Version: mappackage_tt_feu_mid_2018_06
Renault Austral Estate1.2 E-Tech FHEV Iconic Esprit Alpine 5dr Auto 4C
The following user(s) said Thank You: Karl

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by duracel3634.

Latest maps 3 years 8 months ago #524

• Karl
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 27
Thanks. You will have it in a couple of minutes.
1,2 TCe EDC Night&Day prod. Oct. 2016
R-link 2 Ver. 7.0.24.161 (upgraded from 2.x by dealer).
Self activated Android Auto
Here maps
The following user(s) said Thank You: duracel3634

Latest maps 3 years 8 months ago #525

• duracel3634
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 247
Thanks Karl for sending the doc over.

I have put the content HERE with hopefully all links intact.

Let me know if anything needs changing.
2016 Black 1.2 TCE Signature Nav S Manual Petrol Bose with Tech Pack and Drop Tow Bar
Running Rlink 2 Version: 9.0.34.611 Boot 5661- Self activated Android Auto - Map Version: mappackage_tt_feu_mid_2018_06
Renault Austral Estate1.2 E-Tech FHEV Iconic Esprit Alpine 5dr Auto 4C
The following user(s) said Thank You: Karl

Latest maps 3 years 8 months ago #526

• Karl
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
So, I finallly made it. Got myself Android Auto and installed the latest Here maps.
My Kadjar was delivered in May 2017, but produced already in October 2016. A showroom car with a hefty discount. But no Android Auto. And my free subscrtiptions on Tomtom Traffic and maps expired in May. A five year warranty still valid. R-link2 version 2.2.19.300

I started with AA. Hesitated to do the necessary upgrade to version 3 (as described here) myself, since there were reports of breaking the unit. So I asked the dealer, if they would do an upgrade to the new version 7 for me. I claimed that the navigation was reacting slowly when entering addresses (which is true). They agreed, but wanted to keep the car all day ("must discuss with the technical guys in Poland"). So in the evening, I got the car back with R-link2 version 7.024.161. They had also activated "Digital Pack", as the Digital Services are now called, for another year. All free of charge (under warranty). That was Monday and of course I had to go through the whole R-link to get my preffered settings back. A few new ones too. Everything seems to work as it should.

So, next step was to activate the Android Auto. I have bought an OBD2 from China, but decided to first try the developer´s mode, as described in the forum. I downloaded the Debug file to a USB stick, went to the car and followed the instructions (multimedia-settings-photo) and pressed once in the upper corner of the square on the screen and 11 times down (there are films on You Tube showing exactly how-to). Only on the 5th try I succeeded. Developer´s Mode openend up. Scrolled down on the right side to the Project Android Auto, pressed that square that turned green, exited Developer´s Mode and made a hard reset..

I connected my phone, that has Android 10, so Android Auto already built in. The R-link2 and the phone asked me to accept various conditions and "voila" - there was an Android Auto button on the main screen. Both Google Maps and Waze work perfect on the screen as does connecting to internet radio or Spotify.

The next project was to download the latest Here maps. I followed the instructions that are linked above in this thread. Installed the patch file to open my version of R-link2 for unauthorized maps. Took a couple of minutes. Then I installed the Sku-creator0.5.1 on my computer and followed the instructions for updating just the Lithuanian map (where I live) to Here 2019Q4 and include the latest Tomtom POIs and radars. Extremely quick and easy. No technical knowledge whatsoever needed. It took just a few minutes to install the map in the car. I checked the list of maps and the Tomtom map for Lithuania was now substituted with the Here 201912 map.

To sum it up. Not difficult at all and I am more than pleased with the results. Any questions? Just ask.
Here maps

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: AOne

Latest maps 3 years 7 months ago #527

• Karl
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
The latest Here Europe 2020 Q2 maps. For those with an R-link hacked to accept non-official maps.
https://www.gpspower.net/igo-maps/361698-igo-r3-here-navteq-2020-q2-europe.html
Here maps
The following user(s) said Thank You: AOne

Latest maps 3 years 7 months ago #528

• Robertp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 199
Karl

since you are registered on that forum and I am not... can you copy torrent link to PM? I can then build maps and share them
2016 White 1.6 dCi 4WD BOSE with Premium Techno Pack, Winter Pack, Panoramic glass roof & autodipp mirror and retractable towbar.
Added ambient illumination, few chrome trims,
Replaced R-Link2 V2.2 SW version 9. 0.34.611, enabled Android Auto and CarPlay (change USB slots)
Maps: Here 2022Q2

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.143 seconds