Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Updating from V2 to V3 failed - black screen 1 year 3 months ago #1

• gilnis2
  • gilnis2's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello,
I bought a Renault Kadjar 2017 (1.2 Petrol) last week from someone, I'm new to this forum but I already read a lot.

The R-Link system in the car was 2.2.17.803 with boot version 4992.
My goal was to have Android Auto, but I wanted to do it safely (at least thought I'm doing it that way).

First, I updated to 2.2.19 with the official update I downloaded from Renault easy connect website, and everything worked fine.
Then, I went to the official local dealer, saying I want to update my R-Link system to have Android Auto. He tried to update, he connected clips into the car, and eventually, I received back the car with the same version (2.2.19) but with boot version 5615.
Of course, Android Auto was still missing. In addition, my reverse camera stopped being triggered when I put reverse, and also the distance sensors stopped working. probably related to the new boot version.

Anyway, after all that, I said to myself I will try to update by myself from 2.2.19 to 3.3.16.981 with a download I found here in the forum.

When I tried to update, in the beginning, it started normally showing the remaining time as 4 minutes, then did some restarts and eventually ended with a black screen.
I will mention that all the time the engine was turned on, the door of the car was closed and I waited 10-15 minutes until I gave up and turned off the engine.

The situation now is that the R-Link won't start, the dashboard switches colors each minute for a second and it looks like the USB is also not working (when trying to charge a phone).
I don't have an ELM yet to check things with ddt4all, I am waiting for it to arrive (ordered from AliExpress yesterday).
I tried a couple of methods to load the Emergency Download mode (holding the power button, sound +, and sound - in the back of the wheel for 20-40 seconds, also the same with the Home button instead of power) - nothing worked.

I will try to take it back to the local dealer to see if maybe they can fix it, but meanwhile, I wanted to ask here if someone else has experienced it or have any idea for a solution.

I'm attaching the upgrade log files here (2 text files inside the zip file), maybe it will give some idea of what happened to someone here.

Thank you very much :)

This message has an attachment file.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Updating from V2 to V3 failed - black screen 1 year 3 months ago #2

• Wacky
Morning, I’ve got a similar issue. Blank screen, tried to re-boot the system with no luck. Ended up taking it to a dealership to have a diagnosis on the issue. End result was corrupt files that a new system was needed costing £1200!! No way was I paying that amount. Still don’t know what caused the issue as I’ve done nothing different!!!

Updating from V2 to V3 failed - black screen 1 year 3 months ago #3

• duracel3634
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 247
£1200 should get you a whole new unit, think there is cheaper about, comes with V3 however Android Auto and Car Play is not switched on.  Android Auto is easy to deal with, plenty of references in the Forum, however Carplay is more complicated as alterations to the power supply for the USB is required.

Sorry your V2 to V3 upgrade did not go well, very few successful upgrades noted here.
2016 Black 1.2 TCE Signature Nav S Manual Petrol Bose with Tech Pack and Drop Tow Bar
Running Rlink 2 Version: 9.0.34.611 Boot 5661- Self activated Android Auto - Map Version: mappackage_tt_feu_mid_2018_06
Renault Austral Estate1.2 E-Tech FHEV Iconic Esprit Alpine 5dr Auto 4C

Updating from V2 to V3 failed - black screen 1 year 3 months ago #4

• gilnis2
That's really expensive... I wonder why they take so much money for that unit.
I think if I can't find a way to fix it I will just buy an android head unit and replace the R-Link. saw someone on this forum who did it successfully, maybe it's an option for us too.

Updating from V2 to V3 failed - black screen 1 year 3 months ago #5

• Robertp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 199
Actually they brick your device with unprofessional/unsucessful upgrade to V7.x and then downgrade again. But this device is half working. Either do upgrade to V 7 again or as Duracell said, replace it with new one already on V9.
2016 White 1.6 dCi 4WD BOSE with Premium Techno Pack, Winter Pack, Panoramic glass roof & autodipp mirror and retractable towbar.
Added ambient illumination, few chrome trims,
Replaced R-Link2 V2.2 SW version 9. 0.34.611, enabled Android Auto and CarPlay (change USB slots)
Maps: Here 2022Q2

Updating from V2 to V3 failed - black screen 1 year 3 months ago #6

• gilnis2
Hi Robertp, Thank you for the replay
But they didn't upgrade my version to V7, it was still V2.2.19. They upgraded only the Boot version (micom). I was the one who tried to update to V3 after.
Anyway, right now I can't upgrade to any version because my device is bricked (boot loop I think).
Is there any way to force firmware flash? I heard about emergency download mode but I can't get into it.

• Page:
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.108 seconds