Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC:

RLink firmware update 2.x to 3.3 3 years 9 months ago #541

• kadjar162
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 23

Guy

not so long ago I discussed with a Renault representative on checkin in authorised garage...when they do upgrade (like V2->V7) or order a new device with a latest firmware they always get blank device... Connect to internal network and download configuration according to VIN and state in database... So when you buy digital subscriptions, map update, etc... this is recorder in database. Also all configuration. If there is no AA&CP on initial configuration, there will be no on new device. Even for special cars (police, military, ambulance) for special configuration they must report it back (uploaded) to internal database... So a new device is common for allRenault cars using it, configuration is set in factory according to options. As long you use one device all modifications are preserved on this device. On factory upgrade from V2 to V7 no.
In theory, if we know what to do with used device to generalise it or virginised it, a procedure in authorised garage must be applied (as for new one) to make device usable for your car.

DID anyone tried to install v7 other the from dealer? as I found on Russian forum the update and lads are saying it works well but I am kind of afraid to try it

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

RLink firmware update 2.x to 3.3 3 years 9 months ago #542

• Steveyb80
  • Thank you received: 0
Just out of interest has anyone done the update from 2.x to 3.3, is it safe to do? also does Android Auto work? Thanks Steven

Re:RLink firmware update 2.x to 3.3 3 years 9 months ago #543

• AOne
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 251

Just out of interest has anyone done the update from 2.x to 3.3, is it safe to do? also does Android Auto work? Thanks Steven

There is a whole thread dedicated to this. Check it up. If you read this one, it will give you answers how to load maps for free.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
1.6 dCI, 2WD, Zen+ , Retractable Tow Bar.
RLink 2 - V9.0.34.610, Here Maps (2021/Q4) + TomTom POIs and SpeedCams (2021_06)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Steveyb80

RLink firmware update 2.x to 3.3 3 years 9 months ago #544

• PatWar
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 55
Steven, I can confirm that quite a few of us on this forum have updated to 3.3 without problems. Android Auto is activated through Developer Mode and getting in can be a bit of a faff but eventually most people get in. Have a look through the threads on this forum and everything you need to know is available. My Android Auto works perfectly and I have no qualms in recommending.
formerly 2017 Dynamique S Nav 1.2 TCE in Cosmos Blue, RLink 3.3.16.981
now 2020 Captur S-Edition TCE130 manual in Desert Orange with Black Roof

RLink firmware update 2.x to 3.3 3 years 9 months ago #545

• Steveyb80
  • Thank you received: 0
Thank you PatWar, that's great, I had my car booked in with Renault on the 22nd July to get version 7 installed but if I can do it myself to get version 3 installed and Android Auto to work, makes sense just to do that, I've downloaded the software from this site, is that the best one to use seems to be from Romania, just wanted to make sure safe to use and won't brick the entertainment unit. Also where is it you get the latest maps from without purchasing from the overpriced RLink Store, does anyone have any links for this. Thanks again for your help.

RLink firmware update 2.x to 3.3 3 years 9 months ago #546

• Robertp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 199
Steve

there is an issue with rear camera guidelines... they become unaligned after upgrade. But as I read on German Scenic forum same issue with official upgrade to V7. Need to allign it on Z axis, either with DDT4ALL or Developer mode.
2016 White 1.6 dCi 4WD BOSE with Premium Techno Pack, Winter Pack, Panoramic glass roof & autodipp mirror and retractable towbar.
Added ambient illumination, few chrome trims,
Replaced R-Link2 V2.2 SW version 9. 0.34.611, enabled Android Auto and CarPlay (change USB slots)
Maps: Here 2022Q2

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.150 seconds