Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC:

RLink firmware update 2.x to 3.3 3 years 7 months ago #553

• Robertp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 199
You must enable AA either trough developer mode either trough programming with DDT4ALL
2016 White 1.6 dCi 4WD BOSE with Premium Techno Pack, Winter Pack, Panoramic glass roof & autodipp mirror and retractable towbar.
Added ambient illumination, few chrome trims,
Replaced R-Link2 V2.2 SW version 9. 0.34.611, enabled Android Auto and CarPlay (change USB slots)
Maps: Here 2022Q2

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

RLink firmware update 2.x to 3.3 3 years 7 months ago #554

• dabs40
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi Robertp.
I have enabled it through the developer menu and it worked once but now isn't working again. It comes up with a message saying to change my cable but that's the one it worked with before and that is the original samsung cable as well. I have tried 3 different cables and get the same message.
What I have noticed as well is that every time I switch off the car , I have to use the debug prog to get some of the options back... Although I do a hard reboot after using debug.
tried again and it worked twice . Turned engine off and will try when going to work tonight to see if it is still working then. Fingers crossed..;-)
Also just noticed that it is version 3.3.16.961 ( not 960 as I thought it was..).

Last edit: by dabs40. Reason: omission

RLink firmware update 2.x to 3.3 3 years 7 months ago #555

• dabs40
Hi all.
Tried to connect again with android auto and once again it has disappeared from the on-screen options. It seems to be happening every time I'm switching the engine off ( and no, I can't let it run all the time..;-)).
Does anybody know where the problem could be coming from and how to solve it please? It's like when I switch off the engine it resets everything I have changed in the developer menu. It's not staying in the memory . I have noticed that the android auto is green in the selection panel in developer mode ,then I go back to the main menu using the back arrow as advised , and then do a hard reset of the unit. Then when I connect my phone to the usb port the android auto is showing up and I can use it. but as soon as I switch of the engine and start it later on , android auto isn't showing up any more. I have to use debug prog every time I want to use android auto.
It's really kind of annoying and I would really appreciate if someone could point me in the right direction to get this fixed.
Thanks.

Last edit: by dabs40. Reason: mispelling

RLink firmware update 2.x to 3.3 3 years 7 months ago #556

• dabs40
Hi all.
Tried again tonight and the android auto had disappeared from r-link screen again . Went through the debug and the option for android auto was still green but did the hard reboot anyway just in case and seems to be ok for now. Android auto was working . Switched the engine off and back on and was still working. will see in a few hours after work if still available.
Thanks.
p.s: has anyone had that problem themselves when the android auto ( although enabled in developers menu ) disappears from the r-link screen after a while and have to go through the debug again?

RLink firmware update 2.x to 3.3 3 years 7 months ago #557

• Karl
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 27
No problem for me. Activated it exactly as you describe about a month ago and it works without problem. R-link version 7.
1,2 TCe EDC Night&Day prod. Oct. 2016
R-link 2 Ver. 7.0.24.161 (upgraded from 2.x by dealer).
Self activated Android Auto
Here maps

RLink firmware update 2.x to 3.3 3 years 7 months ago #558

• lxnolan
  • Thank you received: 2
I had that problem, I was using a poundsworld usb cable. i replaced it with a decent one and its working fine now.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.277 seconds