Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC:

RLink firmware update 2.x to 3.3 3 years 7 months ago #559

• PatWar
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 55
Hi Dabs. In my experience you shouldn't have to keep redoing the debug/dev thing. I've only done it once and at the beginning it worked well but gradually it kept falling out (message on screen: device disconnecting). I had a cheap USB-USB-C Cable to start with but then bought a decent one (£14 as opposed to £6) and this cured it for a long time. Then it started again with disconnecting and all I could do was reconnect the cable from either the phone end or car until it kicked in again. I was getting peed off. Two weeks ago I bought a new Smartphone with all the bells and whistles (5G ready, although I don't think that is important) and since then it is perfect. I have a funny feeling (might be wrong) that the problem lay with the USB-C port on my 2 year old phone. Anyway as I said it works perfectly at the moment.
formerly 2017 Dynamique S Nav 1.2 TCE in Cosmos Blue, RLink 3.3.16.981
now 2020 Captur S-Edition TCE130 manual in Desert Orange with Black Roof

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

RLink firmware update 2.x to 3.3 3 years 7 months ago #560

• dabs40
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi.
I know I shouldn't have to debug every time I want to use AA but after about 5 times now, it seems to be working fine. I didn't use cheap cables as I am using the original Samsung cable ( even bought a second one for the car ). But AA was always disappearing when I was turning off and back on the engine. I it now working fine ( fingers crossed) but I was thinking of deactivating the auto folding of the mirrors but am scared to go back into debug and having the AA malfunctioning again...;-)
Anyways, so far so good regarding AA and thanks all for your input.
p.s: my phone is the galaxy note 8. Not recent but I don't think it would be that old that it wouldn't work "properly" with AA. Hope it stays like that...

Last edit: by dabs40.

RLink firmware update 2.x to 3.3 3 years 7 months ago #561

• dabs40
Hi all.
Just a question about the folding mirrors. I would like to get rid of the automation and decide myself when they fold in or not. Someone mention a path apparently in the developer mode but where exactly can we find this path without going through ALL the settings and risking to mess something up?
Path given: BCM_DDT_11,Mmi,Mmi-Config,Automatic_folding_CF,False,Send. ( Don't know where this path is situated in developers mode..)
Thanks in advance and in the meantime I will try to search the net for an answer and report here if successful.
Thanks.

RLink firmware update 2.x to 3.3 3 years 7 months ago #562

• NYT
I've just purchased a 2017 Signature S with the dreaded 2.2.19.300. Without doing a hack, is there a way I can purchase a new multimedia unit with the upgraded software with Android Auto and Carplay already installed ? My Dealership here in Essex UK said that they can then install the unit in the Kadjar and do whatever they need to do to get it running for £160.00. Figure if I can find a unit on eBay or somewhere here in the UK for not too much, maybe an easy solution ? If so, if anyone knows of the Part number, I'd appreciate if you can share. Thanks Anthony

RLink firmware update 2.x to 3.3 3 years 7 months ago #563

• Robertp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 199
well, dealer needs to pair it with your VIN and adjust for you (meaning that features when your car was produced will be pushed into device). No CarPlay, no AndroidAuto. You will need a dev mode again to enable features and I assume also a newer USB front module for CarPlay.
2016 White 1.6 dCi 4WD BOSE with Premium Techno Pack, Winter Pack, Panoramic glass roof & autodipp mirror and retractable towbar.
Added ambient illumination, few chrome trims,
Replaced R-Link2 V2.2 SW version 9. 0.34.611, enabled Android Auto and CarPlay (change USB slots)
Maps: Here 2022Q2

RLink firmware update 2.x to 3.3 3 years 7 months ago #564

• iang74
so I took my 2015 model Kadjar's R Link from 2. to 3.3 and enabled Android Auto in dev mode, also updated maps to 2019 versions via the sources in this and other forums... my question is what happens when I take the car to a renault dealer for servicing/maintenance? Do they plug in and see my R-link isn't entirely legitimate and reset it back to 2. or can I request they leave it alone?

Also, my sound settings still doesn't have the Sound Ambience option like in the screenshot...does that only appear in versions 7 upwards?

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.180 seconds