Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC:

RLink firmware update 2.x to 3.3 5 years 3 months ago #85

• michael.tsai
  • Thank you received: 1
My newly replaced Rlink with V7 is the same, when iPhone is paired, the voice control button activates iPhone Siri. When iphone's BT off, the control button returns to Rlink robot. Hence I am guessing V3.3's new functions are identical to V7. I wonder if this factory manufactured Rlink V7 head unit has the new USB port to support carplay? or does it require to change the physical USB hub under Rlink head unit?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

RLink firmware update 2.x to 3.3 5 years 3 months ago #86

• Hongliang
  • Thank you received: 3

My newly replaced Rlink with V7 is the same, when iPhone is paired, the voice control button activates iPhone Siri. When iphone's BT off, the control button returns to Rlink robot. Hence I am guessing V3.3's new functions are identical to V7. I wonder if this factory manufactured Rlink V7 head unit has the new USB port to support carplay? or does it require to change the physical USB hub under Rlink head unit?

Hi Michael, the problem with mine is that even though it triggers the prompt to speak into it with bluetooth on, I was not able to invoke a response from Siri. Have you not tried car play on your head unit yet?

BTW: Why was your rlink headunit replaced? My Kadjar (Singaporean, june 16, 2.2 version) has this issue with the fader sound resetting by itself after the car is turned off. For example, I can set the fader to full rear, but after I start the car the sound will be faded to the center (all 4 speakers) again. When I go the fader settings after restarting the car, the fader is a full rear based on graphic but the sound is in the center. Only when I adjust the fader do the sound correspond to the setting. Was this the same issue you faced? Or any idea if anyone else have the same issue?
The following user(s) said Thank You: michael.tsai

RLink firmware update 2.x to 3.3 5 years 3 months ago #87

• michael.tsai
  • Thank you received: 1

Hi Michael, the problem with mine is that even though it triggers the prompt to speak into it with bluetooth on, I was not able to invoke a response from Siri. Have you not tried car play on your head unit yet?

BTW: Why was your rlink headunit replaced? My Kadjar (Singaporean, june 16, 2.2 version) has this issue with the fader sound resetting by itself after the car is turned off. For example, I can set the fader to full rear, but after I start the car the sound will be faded to the center (all 4 speakers) again. When I go the fader settings after restarting the car, the fader is a full rear based on graphic but the sound is in the center. Only when I adjust the fader do the sound correspond to the setting. Was this the same issue you faced? Or any idea if anyone else have the same issue?

Hi HL, big congrats on your successful update and I believe you are the first to have 3.3 in Singapore! Yes with current V7, I can use Siri on Rlink however this is not carplay, no mirror screen from my iPhone, just usual siri voice commands with default siri graphic on Rlink screen which I find it useless and pretty much the same functions as Rlink robot to play musics, making calls..etc

Regarding Rlink replacement, I had numerous issues after my first service from Wearns such as TA was gone, paired iPhone became silent, touch screen sensitivity and delays, Rlink auto resetting by itself, reverse cam image distortion, rear speakers spoiled with broken sounds..etc I have been sending my car back to Wearns for diagnosing issues 6 times in 6 months after they concluded it is deem for replacement under warranty. I am not sure about the sound fader function as it has always stayed as center as default. I will try to adjust to front or rear these few nights.

Regards,

RLink firmware update 2.x to 3.3 5 years 3 months ago #88

• AOne
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 251
Downgrading is basically made the same way as upgrading. The guys in Germany as usual are thinking one step forward and did not want to upgrade until there's a solution for downgrading, just in case. The files can be found on their site. I can share them here if needed, but I bet it would not be necessary  :) Version 3 is the same in hardware as Version 7. Only the software is slightly different, but I bet no one could name the differences.
 In Singapore should be sold cars manufactured in China, as for Europe is responsible the Spanish factory, so there might be minor differences in cars.
1.6 dCI, 2WD, Zen+ , Retractable Tow Bar.
RLink 2 - V9.0.34.610, Here Maps (2021/Q4) + TomTom POIs and SpeedCams (2021_06)

RLink firmware update 2.x to 3.3 5 years 3 months ago #89

• Hongliang
  • Thank you received: 3

Downgrading is basically made the same way as upgrading. The guys in Germany as usual are thinking one step forward and did not want to upgrade until there's a solution for downgrading, just in case. The files can be found on their site. I can share them here if needed, but I bet it would not be necessary  :) Version 3 is the same in hardware as Version 7. Only the software is slightly different, but I bet no one could name the differences.
 In Singapore should be sold cars manufactured in China, as for Europe is responsible the Spanish factory, so there might be minor differences in cars.

Hi AOne, able to share the files link here? Just in case, I never know when in the future I might ever need to exercise the option. Perhaps if there is some hardware problems with my unit that I need to send back to renault, a downgrade back to stock ROM would not void my warranty.

The Singapore Kadjars are from Spain as well. Only difference I guess is that ours come loaded with the Singapore Tom Tom maps instead.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SPH

RLink firmware update 2.x to 3.3 5 years 3 months ago #90

• Boyko
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 76
Hi guys, happy new year to all!

Congrats to all who managed to upgrade their cars already and sorry for not being able to help the past few days (busy days here..).

I'm attaching a solution for the reverse camera guidelines misalignment - it requires modification via ddt4all, I have not tried it myself as I've not used ddt4all so far and need to learn how to do it - I have neither the hardware nor the software.. and don't have the time to do the research atm, so if anyone can guide me on this it'll be great.

So for what I got from the Italians on FB, the solution is the value in the red box on the screenshot needs to be set to "52.20" for Kadjars (and only for Kadjars!).
One of the first Kadjars from Nov. 2015 - 1.2 TCe Manual ZEN - "old" R-Link (gen 1.1, soft 2.2) successfully updated to 3.3 with AA

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Robertp, syabasan

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.271 seconds