Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Hi all 4 years 3 months ago #1

• Wills2slim
  • Wills2slim's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi Folks

So I am on my 2nd Kadjar having gone from the 1.5 dci model 2016 to the New S edition 2019 Petrol version in March 19. Sadly the 2nd and current Kadjar has been riddled with problems compared to the 1st which was problem free. So my current car and its problems are as follows (long list)-

- Battery had to be replaced due to 80% and below power.
- Steering column was creaking and had to be tighten
- Needs new drivers seat base replaced (currently in the process of getting done next week)
- Stop / Start cuts out an comes up on dashboard and shows re-start engine on the dashboard and you have to re-start it like you would fresh getting in. Ongoing and not resolved after 4 visits. ( I have video of this fault)

and currently as I post it is back in the garage with the following faults on the dashboard
- Fuel injection (stays on)
- Pollen filter (stays on)
- hill assist fault ( goes off after 15 seconds driving)
- ESC and brake fault (goes off after 15 seconds driving)
and when driving it is very jumpy when you accelerate through 2nd and 3rd gear.

So all in all very disappointing for me on this model which is a shame as I have it in the blue colour and its a very nice looking motor which stands out with its shape and alloys and the the petrol engine in it does the job nicely for me too having always had diesel models in the past. I also always do my best to look after my motors but feel this might be my last Kadjar and Renault.

Hopefully everyone else has had better luck with their new models.

Best Regards

Wills

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Hi all 4 years 3 months ago #2

• tynesider
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 19
Sorry to hear your problems Wills but if the local Renault garage is any good they should sort that lot reasonably quick,

Be happy you did not have a Mercedes, I had one a few years ago from new and 'if you looked at it' it would break down:) my happiest day was when we sold it !

I had my Kadjar new in June last year and just the opposite I have to say its one of the best cars I have had and touch wood very happy with it,so hope you get sorted soon!
2019 Silver 1.3 TCe Dynamic turbo petrol, manual,

The following user(s) said Thank You: Wills2slim

Hi all 4 years 3 months ago #3

• Wills2slim
  • Wills2slim's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi, yeah they have worked through most of the problems and to be fair they haven't re-occurred since they have been done, except the start stop problem which is never ending.

Thanks

Hi all 4 years 3 months ago #4

• darenh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 154
Have they tested the seat sensor for the start stop problem, if you lift your bum off the seat when start stop is engaged it’ll stop the car from starting.

• Page:
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.203 seconds