Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Kadjar Steering 4 years 2 months ago #1

• pedro55
  • pedro55's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1
Hello,

My partner and I have cars under the Motabillty Scheme and we are now on our fourth Renault.
Previously had 2 Meganes and the last one a Kadjar 2016 model….all were problem free.

Recently got a brand new Kadjar Iconic 160 and are having serious steering problems.
Constant pulling to the left at any speed and the steering wheel does not return properly.
The result being a real pain to drive.

Have arranged for the dealer to investigate, next week.
However,I doubt they can really rectify the fault as I think it’s related to the castor angle being out of specification(possibly just one side).
I’ve done a very rough/quick check and found differences between wheel/tyre to bodywork gaps on either side, which indicates something is not
right.
Other wheel alignment settings may also be affected of course as they’re all interconnected etc.

The car has already been driven by someone else, apparently delivery mileage of over 90 miles.
I’m wondering if something happened during that journey…possibly a pot hole or some sort of curb impact….???
Shall never know the answer to that one…;)

Question.
Can the castor angle be adjusted on a Kadjar ?

We now need to wait for the results of what the dealer can produce….but if they can’t cure the problem,I’m reluctant to say that this car will be
rejected, which will be a shame as we really like the Kadjar.

Shall let you all know the outcome, in due course.

Best Wishes.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by pedro55.
  • Page:
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.096 seconds