Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Does the car have problems 5 years 4 months ago #7

• turboted10
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 26
I've complained about my Kadjar a lot on here, was seen by some as being very negative, but, all my issues are confined to the fact that RLink has a mind of it's own and some of the cab layout is not really intuitive. I was aware of the layout quirks so can't complain there but having waited for a year after 1st UK release I did think the early snags would be sorted, alas not, but would still consider another.

However to redress the balance based on my findings only;

I had a qashqai for 3 years prior to getting the Kadjar and I hated it after the 1st week of ownership. I found just the reverse of shedders exp. My qashqai fed every bit of road noise into the cabin with a vengeance, almost as if the sound proofing and underbody protection was missing. My Kadjar is silent, no squeaks, no rattles, no wind noise and no bad fitting plastics. Standard of interiors was not radically different.

The real issue for me however was reliability, the qashqai simply wasn't reliable with several electrical shutdowns that left me stranded. So far the kadjar is fine.

Both seemed to eat front tyres QQ 13k per set, Kd less than 11k.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Does the car have problems 5 years 4 months ago #8

• Shedder101
  • Shedder101's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • be at piece with your god
  • Thank you received: 76
as a wise man said ,,,, you can please some of the people some of the time etc.......

my experience of the QQ was through a friend having never owned one .

now my hatred of the kadjar started about a month in but the same i have put up with it for the term of the lease, not having a good enough reason to request a change 

i intend this time to ask for extended tests on future cars shortlisted, i dont intend to be lumbered with a dog again.

glad to hear tho your Kadjar Turboted is bolted together properly 
Dynamique Nav 1.5 dCi 110 EDC Auto A nice Blue one
The following user(s) said Thank You: turboted10

Does the car have problems 5 years 4 months ago #9

• PatWar
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 55
I must say that my experience is similar to Teds. No big issues, the odd creak now and then, nothing I can't live with. It's a good car. Period. Mine was built in March 2017 so most teething troubles ironed out. RLink2 is not too great, but for my needs adequate. I've had the car 20 months now from new and have only done 8,600 miles, used the Sat Nav twice, and it plays music from my USB permanently. Ride comfort on our roads: not good, but I couldn't not have the 19 inch wheels, they set the car off. As for my next car, well I wouldn't moan if I could get the updated Kadjar but the boss has her mind set on a 3008 in copper with the black roof. We'll have to see how that pans out. As for the QQ, never driven one and it is more common on the roads than the KJ but, I don't know, a bit too common if you know what I mean. Probably a good car, but not for me.
formerly 2017 Dynamique S Nav 1.2 TCE in Cosmos Blue, RLink 3.3.16.981
now 2020 Captur S-Edition TCE130 manual in Desert Orange with Black Roof

Does the car have problems 5 years 3 months ago #10

• turboted10
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 26
I'll PM you tomorrow shedder, I have real issues with the way MTB "buyers" get to test cars

Does the car have problems 5 years 3 months ago #11

• Shedder101
  • Shedder101's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • be at piece with your god
  • Thank you received: 76
ok
Dynamique Nav 1.5 dCi 110 EDC Auto A nice Blue one

Does the car have problems 3 years 9 months ago #12

• chelseafc123
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello can you explain how they’ve fixed that centre console noise. I’m due to go to my local dealer for a fix. It is terrible over any bumps it just makes so much noise I turn radio up so I don’t have to listen to it. Shame because it is a nice car, quality is lacking is some areas. I’ve only had the car two weeks making me wonder should I have gone with a 3008

• Page:
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.125 seconds