Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Advice on best way to run a cable to from the engine bay to the Rlink2 screen? 5 years 2 months ago #1

• don
  • don's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 8
I'm installing a front facing camera and connecting it to the multimedia screen in the dashboard. I'm looking for advice on the easiest way to run the AV cable from the engine bay into the dashboard behind the Rlink2 screen?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Advice on best way to run a cable to from the engine bay to the Rlink2 screen? 5 years 2 months ago #2

• Boyko
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 76
I think I've seen cables running on the drivers side (LHD here) on the side of the dashboard, from the engine bay to inside the car. They're clearly visible when looking either through the side air vent hole (with the air vent removed) or when the side fuse box cover is removed.

If I'm not wrong @darenh has fitted front facing camera on his car so hope he can be of more help with this.

Keep us updated on this please as I'm also looking to perform similar mod when I get the chance.
One of the first Kadjars from Nov. 2015 - 1.2 TCe Manual ZEN - "old" R-Link (gen 1.1, soft 2.2) successfully updated to 3.3 with AA

Advice on best way to run a cable to from the engine bay to the Rlink2 screen? 5 years 2 months ago #3

• don
If I'm not wrong @darenh has fitted front facing camera on his car so hope he can be of more help with this.

Keep us updated on this please as I'm also looking to perform similar mod when I get the chance.[/quote]

Thanks Boyko, I've an auto electrician fitting a front and rear cameras tomorrow, I'll pass your advice about the side of dashboard onto him. I actually found a really nice front camera that fits inside the Renault badge on Amazon for £40.

For the installation of the rear camera I found an offical Renault PDF file with step by step instructions on how to run the AV cable from the Rlink to the rear door if anybody ever needs a copy of it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sawyerk40

Advice on best way to run a cable to from the engine bay to the Rlink2 screen? 5 years 2 months ago #4

• don
Got the Rear and Front cams installed today - a nice system bought from French website and the front facing camera off Amazon that plugs into the rear camera module. It's a standard alone system, so no tinkering or coding required at the main dealer - and it won't void the warranty.

Here's the companies demo video of the system : 

Pics of the installation, and still have to tidy up video cable in engine bay with cable ties.

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Boyko

Last edit: by don.

Advice on best way to run a cable to from the engine bay to the Rlink2 screen? 5 years 2 months ago #5

• darenh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 154
As always only just seen this, I didn’t want to drill any holes however I could’ve ran with the Oe bulk head grimmest and made a hole to take my single cable.

instead I took the route of the side bar lighting system, there a foam packer in the inner wing where the door opening is passenger side just dislodge this and there’s a predrilled holes into the saloon inner wing then follow the door loom into the cab area

I think I've seen cables running on the drivers side (LHD here) on the side of the dashboard, from the engine bay to inside the car. They're clearly visible when looking either through the side air vent hole (with the air vent removed) or when the side fuse box cover is removed.

Keep us updated on this please as I'm also looking to perform similar mod when I get the chance.

Advice on best way to run a cable to from the engine bay to the Rlink2 screen? 5 years 2 months ago #6

• don

As always only just seen this, I didn’t want to drill any holes however I could’ve ran with the Oe bulk head grimmest and made a hole to take my single cable.

instead I took the route of the side bar lighting system, there a foam packer in the inner wing where the door opening is passenger side just dislodge this and there’s a predrilled holes into the saloon inner wing then follow the door loom into the cab area

[/quote]

Yes indeedy we found those predrilled holes in the inner wing via the foam packer... I've attached a 2 pics - kind of hard to take good pics of the area though - it worked a treat as I had nightmares about drilling into the bulkhead as well lol

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

• Page:
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.121 seconds