Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC:

Upgrading headlights 4 years 11 months ago #13

• Robertp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 199
HID is standard in some basic trims with Audi (like A1, A3), upgrade is always LED. With this in mind proper LED is better than HID... By EU regulations headlamps with more than 2000 lumens need to have autoleveling and washing... below that you do not need to have all this. And HID with 2000lm or less is poor, you still need diaphragm on projector lens for high/low beam or two projectors... bulb has shorter lifetime, etc etc...
Real thing is laser headlamp... all other will do with LED instead with halogen (which is realy crap).
2016 White 1.6 dCi 4WD BOSE with Premium Techno Pack, Winter Pack, Panoramic glass roof & autodipp mirror and retractable towbar.
Added ambient illumination, few chrome trims,
Replaced R-Link2 V2.2 SW version 9. 0.34.611, enabled Android Auto and CarPlay (change USB slots)
Maps: Here 2022Q2

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Upgrading headlights 4 years 11 months ago #14

• rba100
  • rba100's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 3
The Kadjar I've ordered (Iconic) has Halogen headlights and LED rear lights.

I'm sure the halogens aren't that bad. Is it hard to change a bulb and are they even that expensive?

Upgrading headlights 4 years 11 months ago #15

• turboted10
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 26
The halogen bulbs are relatively, (very), cheap compared to all others. Yes, they are ok, but I can only compare to the qashqai. Its a fair comparison I think. The kadjar halogens on mine are crap compared to the HID in the qashqai.
I'm coming towards the end of my time with the renault so am looking at all midsize SUV cars as a replacement. Probably a top spec whatever brand/model. The HID versus LED argument interests me as the HIDs showed euro type blue road sign fantastically well. They were the type that self level checked every time and auto washed every 5 times(?) the washers lights came on.

Last edit: by turboted10.

Upgrading headlights 4 years 11 months ago #16

• Roxy1234
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 45
The led light are much better than anything I have had before ... looking at the new kadjar I would say the headlights are the same . I know some were thinking the latest kadjar lights were different... The nes dash and screen are so much better, lot easier to use the heating and air con...

Upgrading headlights 3 years 8 months ago #17

• tomaszwi
  • Thank you received: 2
I have a full led light in my Kadjar 2018, but I want to replace it with lamps from the 2020 model. The difference is the direction indicators, do you think they will work?

--edit --
Test no.1

-edit---
The turn signals flash too fast after starting the engine. :(
NISSAN Qashqai 1.6 dCi acenta 13'
RENAULT Kadjar 1.6 dCi Intens 4x4 19'

Last edit: by tomaszwi.

Upgrading headlights 3 years 2 months ago #18

• Argyris
  • Thank you received: 1
Good day to all.

I have a kadjar 2019 ph2 which came with halogen headlights. Updated to Led and all seemed good till the time that I had to remain with the signal light on about 30sec. Then the signal started to light quickly as a failed bulb. All bulbs are good, no signs of something not working. Any idea?

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.106 seconds