Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC:

Remove dash trim 5 years 2 months ago #13

• J053F
  • Thank you received: 0
Awesome thread. Thank you for sharing.
I've been twice already at the dealers for these annoying creaking sounds from "everywhere" on the dashboard.
So far, we managed to resolve the glovebox (with some obvious sponge-type additions) and address sounds coming from the vents above R-Link and cluster cover.
For the moment I 'm glad that eventually I have a car that "speaks" via the speakers, but need to monitor how this evolves as we move towards summer time...
Knowing that I will "exit" the warranty grace period soon, I 'm more than happy to know how I can work on this if needed.

I have understood that the vent's cluster is a "disaster" itself being a combination of hard plastics fitted into a soft plastic hood; the warm / cold air blowing through heats / freezes cluster, which then becomes "vocal".
Same goes for the vent cluster on the driver's side. Surprisingly from my side, I have no complains for the passanger's vent cluster.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Remove dash trim 5 years 2 months ago #14

• Boyko
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 76
Guys, just to add to this thread - you may want to also spray or put tape on the little tweeter speakers that reside in the corner of the dashboard, next to the windshield. The one on the drivers side was making this knocking sound when I go over bumps - I guess I didn't hear it before due to all the other clicking and rattling that I had.

I spent like a week to diagnose this, disassembling the whole car in the process. Hope this helps someone.

One of the first Kadjars from Nov. 2015 - 1.2 TCe Manual ZEN - "old" R-Link (gen 1.1, soft 2.2) successfully updated to 3.3 with AA

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: AOne

Last edit: by Boyko.

Remove dash trim 4 years 6 months ago #15

• Wlodar
  • Thank you received: 1
hi there,
I know it's an old topic but I'm having similar issue with the dashboard in my Kadjar.
Most of the noise comes from the plastics above the air vents but to get to them and to do something with it I guess I need to take off the top visor first. Looking at the pictures there are two screws I need to take care of which are hidden behind the cluster around the odometer.
My question is do I need to take off the steering column hood and cover before I will try to remove the cluster around the odometer with trimming tools or it can stay?

Is is also hard to put everything back or it clicks and goes back in quite smoothly?

Remove dash trim 4 years 6 months ago #16

• Boyko
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 76
Hi,

You do need to remove the steering column hood and cover first - its in two pieces connected with the leather-like cloth sitting at the top back of the steering column. You unclip the cover on top of the column, unscrew the two screws hidden in the corners behind the leather cloth, then unclip the plastic trim around the odometer and pull the whole thing out. Pulling it out is a bit tricky as its too big and not much space to work with - putting the steering wheel at the most bottom position (adjustable via the lever) helps.

As for taking it back, it all clicks back in, maybe just be extra careful with the plastic piece around the odometer, as it has those very fragile "legs" that clip in.
One of the first Kadjars from Nov. 2015 - 1.2 TCe Manual ZEN - "old" R-Link (gen 1.1, soft 2.2) successfully updated to 3.3 with AA
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wlodar

Last edit: by Boyko.

Remove dash trim 4 years 6 months ago #17

• Wlodar
  • Thank you received: 1
OK, thanks for all the information. I was ready to leave the steering column hood as is as I noticed it may be quite hard to pull up and that's not where the problem is.
But is looks like I have no choice as that is the first step to removing everything else.
I'm waiting for a trim removal kit that I ordered which hopefully will make it a little easier.
Hopefully I won't break it, panic and leave it as it is:)

Remove dash trim 4 years 6 months ago #18

• sbinf74
  • Thank you received: 3
Ciao Wlodar,
io Ho fatto this lavoro ....
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wlodar, teotsin

Last edit: by sbinf74.
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.125 seconds