Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Cracked Leather Seat 3 years 10 months ago #7

• fixer
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 27
Hi, when I bought my Kadjar last August when I looked at it 30000 miles 3 years old the drivers seat base leather was all cracked, they changed it as part of the sale. In fact they were amazing, couldn’t do enough. However I doubt it would be covered by warranty. I should imagine new covers will be popping up on eBay soon as it sounds like a common fault.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Cracked Leather Seat 3 years 10 months ago #8

• darenh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 154
You will probably have half leather, half cloth seat?

Unfortunately the leather is synthetic on half and half seats, it’s a wear a tear thing, just doesn’t wear to good!
The following user(s) said Thank You: fixer

Cracked Leather Seat 3 years 10 months ago #9

• fixer
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 27
Hi Darren, yeah I kind of figured that was the case, it is what it is, to be fair the car in itself is good for the money, economic, with all the creature comforts I need.
I can live with little things like that

Cracked Leather Seat 3 years 2 months ago #10

• Dave T
  • Thank you received: 0
I agree with Darenh's comment, I have a 17 plate Kadjar with the vinyl half and half seats, and while they look ok, the vinyl on the sides is incredibly thin, and mine has just split on the driver’s side nearest the door. I thought at first a stud or similar from jeans or trousers might have caught it as I got in/out, but after checking they are too high up and smooth to have been the likely cause. Having seen how wafer thin the vinyl is, it was clearly a matter of when, not if, it was going to split..!!.

This is a real pain, I would rather an alternator or other easily swapped out part go than trim which is so noticeable come trade in time and usually very expensive to repair, and although mine is still under Renault warranty, I'm sure the they'll refuse any action under the "wear and tear" get out. I'll have to tape it over for now to stop it spreading, and see if an upholsterer can do anything.

Although I have had this happen to a seat before, that was on a 11 year old car, not a 4 year old one, seems its not just anything/everything electrical a nightmare on modern Renaults - but poor trim materials too.

I wonder if any other owners of this seat type have experienced the same issue and if so, how they fixed it?

• Page:
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.122 seconds