Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC:

Dealer attitude 5 years 6 months ago #7

• Roxy1234
  • Roxy1234's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 45
Same here strange to treat a customer like that, will be looking for another dealer... could have been a one off but all the staff in the showroom were more interested in selling new cars... when I took the car for service it was delays a 2 hr service slot  went to 5 hrs that was oil and filter which I think for 2 yrs is a joke because the air filter was black so pollen filter must be the same... not value for money when you pay for service plan...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Dealer attitude 5 years 6 months ago #8

• AOne
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 251
Well, I don't follow the schedules. I change all the filters and oil at about 18 000 km, which for me is nearly every 6 months. I don't like the idea of the oil working 30K km (or a year, by schedule) with no change. It's suicidal for the engine. The dealer has no problem with it. I'm not on service plan an I pay for every service. Besides, how could a cabin filter last two years. It should grow new forms of life in it for this time. Nope. An year for it is more than enough. Same for the engine's air filter (especially with the dusty and polluted air here in the east...). Same counts for the fuel filter. Our fuel is far from normal, full with grease and so on. When I fill up the tank with diesel in Austria, Germany or Italy, it's a totally other car (fast and responsive). Not like with the fuel in the Balkans, though the price is often higher (not counting Italy :) ) and the KJ is like an old granny...
1.6 dCI, 2WD, Zen+ , Retractable Tow Bar.
RLink 2 - V9.0.34.610, Here Maps (2021/Q4) + TomTom POIs and SpeedCams (2021_06)

Last edit: by AOne.

Dealer attitude 5 years 6 months ago #9

• Guzzilazz
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 18
I worked in the motor industry years ago and there were 3 labour rates in the workshop; Retail (what a customer pays), Internal (what the Sales team pays) and Warranty, agreed with the manufacturer/importer.  Warranty rate was pretty poor and if we'd had a load of warranty work, it wouldn't have allowed us to carry on in business.  The workshop is where the dealership (in the 1980's, and Volvo) made it's money.  Mine had concentrated on fleet sales (huge discounts) which meant that volumes were good, but the vehicle never came back for service, and the 2% made on the new cars so car sales made about £160k a year.  The premises cost £300k a year to run...
Larry

Essex

2017 Ford Kuga Titanium 2.0 150bhp 2wd Ruby Red
ex 2017 Kadjar Dynamique S Nav Flame Red
The following user(s) said Thank You: AOne, Roxy1234

Dealer attitude 5 years 6 months ago #10

• duracel3634
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 247

I will put this way... first about your RX4... You are living far on north, I assume you do not use AC often... And you do not have periods when temperature is constantly above 35 Celsius during the day... In that occasion you soon find out that AC does not work efficiently... As long as you have rubber hoses in your system you have constant presence of loosing cooling media. In maintenance plan is servicing AC on every 3 years (meaning recycling AC coolant, oiling of system, replacing vanished coolant...). So your garage doesn't do the job then... 

Anything over 20c and the A/C is on. I actually live in the South East which tends to be a little warmer and I don't drive with the windows open.
2016 Black 1.2 TCE Signature Nav S Manual Petrol Bose with Tech Pack and Drop Tow Bar
Running Rlink 2 Version: 9.0.34.611 Boot 5661- Self activated Android Auto - Map Version: mappackage_tt_feu_mid_2018_06
Renault Austral Estate1.2 E-Tech FHEV Iconic Esprit Alpine 5dr Auto 4C

Dealer attitude 5 years 6 months ago #11

• bulldog
  • Thank you received: 2
I ordered my new build Kadjar in December 2017 and collected it mid March 2018. I assumed that, having order the car when I did, that I would still benefit from the 3 year Renault warranty, as I ordered the vehicle prior to the reduction of cover to 2 years.
I was assured by the dealer that this is the case. After collecting the car, I noticed my warranty period was for 2 years, not three. When I complained to the dealer he said "Oh yes, you aren't the only customer we sold a Kadjar to prior to the warranty reduction date with this problem - don't worry, we'll sort it".
I haven't heard anything since. Seems it is a case of sell a car then forget about the customer.
Anybody else find themselves in this situation?
Signature Nav 1.6Tce Titanium Grey. 18 Reg. Side steps, Park assist, Window auto close, Electric Tailgate, Bonnet gas struts, Front/Rear Dashcam

Dealer attitude 5 years 6 months ago #12

• Shedder101
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • be at piece with your god
  • Thank you received: 76
every time 

don't forget car salesmen are only one higher than estate agents 
Dynamique Nav 1.5 dCi 110 EDC Auto A nice Blue one

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.113 seconds