• Page:

TOPIC:

Noise when steering at low speed. 5 years 4 months ago #7

• AOne
  • AOne's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 251

@AOne: I haven't had any issues with steering wheel noise, BUT for the last week I have noticed my nearside mirrors not opening fully when unlocking. This seems to be spurious, in fact only three times til now. I'll give the Silicon Spray a try. Cheers.

Yes. It also happend to me for few times a month ago. Washed'em with water and were back to good, cause i didn't have spray nearby. Now already sprayed and hope won't happen soon :)
I've also used it every winter on the struts stabilizing bar rubber clamps (don't know the english term- the bar that connects and levels the right and left struts under the body) on my previous car every autumn, cause they were also squeaking at the beginning and after that - the entire winter were quite.
1.6 dCI, 2WD, Zen+ , Retractable Tow Bar.
RLink 2 - V9.0.34.610, Here Maps (2021/Q4) + TomTom POIs and SpeedCams (2021_06)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by AOne.

Noise when steering at low speed. 5 years 4 months ago #8

• turboted10
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 26

@AOne: I haven't had any issues with steering wheel noise, BUT for the last week I have noticed my nearside mirrors not opening fully when unlocking. This seems to be spurious, in fact only three times til now. I'll give the Silicon Spray a try. Cheers.

Again no issues with the Kadjar mirrors but for the whole 3 years of my qashqai ownership the drivers mirror would struggle to extend making a series of clicks and clacks then eventually forcing itself the last 1/2" or so with a real crack. It would happen every 4th or 5th time I'd folded them. Dealer failed to fix it in spite of rebooting and lubricating at each servit visit and I just put up with it eventually

Last edit: by turboted10.

Noise when steering at low speed. 5 years 4 months ago #9

• AOne
  • AOne's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 251
This morning frost all over the car and -2C. All smooth and quiet. Let's see for how long.  

PS: Pay attention not to spray on the front screen, cause it's a little bit frustrating (silly me). At least it's all gone with the frost melted.
1.6 dCI, 2WD, Zen+ , Retractable Tow Bar.
RLink 2 - V9.0.34.610, Here Maps (2021/Q4) + TomTom POIs and SpeedCams (2021_06)

Last edit: by AOne.

Noise when steering at low speed. 5 years 4 months ago #10

• turboted10
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 26
Silicone on glass is an absolute bugger to remove, did some treatment on a house wall with silicone product over 15 years back and the over spray still shows when window cleaning.

Last edit: by turboted10.
  • Page:
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.145 seconds