Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC:

Check ESC,Hill Start,Parking Brake,Coliision ABS errors **UPDATE*** 1 year 11 months ago #13

• Chapell
  • Thank you received: 1
I had all the same warning lights active braking disconnected, check hill start assist and check electronic stability control.
in addition it was failing to pick up and display the speed limit changes and the sat nav was lagging behind the map when giving directions. The road vanished from the map despite being a long established road.

Renault replaced the ABS unit which sits on the bulkhead behind the air filter and everything was restored to normal so good result.
When you book your car in make sure that the master technician is not away on holiday. Renault required the car fro visits to sort the problem out.

My vehicle is a Kadjar GTE LINE the 140

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Check ESC,Hill Start,Parking Brake,Coliision ABS errors **UPDATE*** 1 year 9 months ago #14

• Pavlovic
Last night I experienced same issue.
That whole day I covered a lot of road (95% highway) and I was driving fast.
Parked at the airport for an hour, when I started the engine I got "Check ESC", "Check ABS", "Check Hill Start Assist" & "Check Start &  Stop" (last was only white message).
Placed to drive shifter and when I tried to move my e-handbrake didn't release automatically.
I had to do it myself.
Also my tyre sensors were not able to display current pressure in tyres.

I drove catefully but everything was ok, except when turning I felt it's doing it with a little bit more resistance, so I did it gently.
Came home, put gear to park but my e-brake didn't automatically turn on, as always, this time I had to do it manually.

On Monday I have scheduled service interval (hit 64K km mark) and then we will see what's the issue.
Hope it's not an expensive fix because my Kadjar came out of warranty on October 2021. :D
(bought in October 2016)

I'll have to inspect manufacturer plate to see what "plate" it is, and when is manufactured. I'm still new to this terminology that you guys use. :)

I'll keep you posted on what happend on Monday.
September 2016 1.2 TCe 130 EDC - Alpine white
Zen Energy with upgraded rearview camera

R-Link v.9.0.35.416 [Build: 5689] with activated Android Auto & Apple CarPlay
(upgraded from radio/bluetooth to R-Link multimedia of phase 2 Kadjar)

Maps: HERE 2022Q2 & TomTom 2018.12

Last edit: by Pavlovic.

Check ESC,Hill Start,Parking Brake,Coliision ABS errors **UPDATE*** 1 year 9 months ago #15

• Pavlovic
UPDATE:
On Monday in Renault service center they did diagnostics and test drove the car.
After examining brakes they found out that my discs were worn out (they were blue) and little bit twisted. Brake pads were ok, on rear brakes were new because I changed them in February this year.

Bottom line is I had to change brake discs and brake pads on all wheels, plus new breaking oil. (after 64K km or 40K miles)

CORRECTION: ABS sensor was dirty and had to be cleaned up in order to remove errors. Battery is ok .

September 2016 1.2 TCe 130 EDC - Alpine white
Zen Energy with upgraded rearview camera

R-Link v.9.0.35.416 [Build: 5689] with activated Android Auto & Apple CarPlay
(upgraded from radio/bluetooth to R-Link multimedia of phase 2 Kadjar)

Maps: HERE 2022Q2 & TomTom 2018.12

Last edit: by Pavlovic.
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.131 seconds