Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC:

Latest maps 3 years 3 weeks ago #673

• Robertp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 200
Hi

for current version of software you have there is iGo patch to install latest Here or TomTom maps (I have already built package for Here 2020Q4). 
Next option is either to do unofficial upgrade to 3.3.16.981 from sources here and then patch iGo as in first option and install latest maps. You can also activate AndroidAuto and use Google maps but guys reported some issues with latest Android versions and AndroidAuto application. There is no brake of warranty on device. Since you mention countries from East Europe; I am from Slovenija and my extended, 5 years warranty covered an multimedia device too. Other possibility is that you ask for offical upgrade to version 7.x (which must be taken on authorised service/garage and is covered by warranty/maintenance plan if present) and then come back here to unlock iGo and install latest maps. And AndroidAuto must also be activated separately trough DDT4ALL or developer mode. And must warn you that if younhave reverse camera, guidelines will be miss aligned, because from version 2.2.19.300 to 3.x or 7.x on HW1 devices picture format for camera changes from 4:3 to 16:9... there is a partial upgrade. And, if you do upgrade to 7, there is no roll back, so do not do it by your self (a lot of written stuff of programming BCD (boot device). If you fail, device is unusable or half usable. Part of upgrade to ver 7. includes programming with CanCLIP (original Renault tester) connected to Renault local network to get informations for restore).
CarPlay is not possible with this devices due to missing PCB on system board of R-Link device. But if you change device with one of version HW 1.1 or 2 then you need to change USB panel (different part) beside to activated it in settings.

2016 White 1.6 dCi 4WD BOSE with Premium Techno Pack, Winter Pack, Panoramic glass roof & autodipp mirror and retractable towbar.
Added ambient illumination, few chrome trims,
Replaced R-Link2 V2.2 SW version 9. 0.34.611, enabled Android Auto and CarPlay (change USB slots)
Maps: Here 2022Q2
The following user(s) said Thank You: fugitiv3

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Latest maps 3 years 3 weeks ago #674

• fugitiv3
  • Thank you received: 1

Hi

for current version of software you have there is iGo patch to install latest Here or TomTom maps (I have already built package for Here 2020Q4). 
Next option is either to do unofficial upgrade to 3.3.16.981 from sources here and then patch iGo as in first option and install latest maps. You can also activate AndroidAuto and use Google maps but guys reported some issues with latest Android versions and AndroidAuto application. There is no brake of warranty on device. Since you mention countries from East Europe; I am from Slovenija and my extended, 5 years warranty covered an multimedia device too. Other possibility is that you ask for offical upgrade to version 7.x (which must be taken on authorised service/garage and is covered by warranty/maintenance plan if present) and then come back here to unlock iGo and install latest maps. And AndroidAuto must also be activated separately trough DDT4ALL or developer mode. And must warn you that if younhave reverse camera, guidelines will be miss aligned, because from version 2.2.19.300 to 3.x or 7.x on HW1 devices picture format for camera changes from 4:3 to 16:9... there is a partial upgrade. And, if you do upgrade to 7, there is no roll back, so do not do it by your self (a lot of written stuff of programming BCD (boot device). If you fail, device is unusable or half usable. Part of upgrade to ver 7. includes programming with CanCLIP (original Renault tester) connected to Renault local network to get informations for restore).
CarPlay is not possible with this devices due to missing PCB on system board of R-Link device. But if you change device with one of version HW 1.1 or 2 then you need to change USB panel (different part) beside to activated it in settings.

Robertp, thank you for the very detailed essay that you wrote.

Since I'm not experienced with this kind of stuff, please let me review what I've understood from your post:
  • With the current version of the software, I could just patch iGO and install the latest maps - and maps would work, there are no additional action steps needed
  • If I were to update software either to 3.3.16.981 (unofficial upgrade from sources, I would have to do it) or to 7.x (official upgrade from authorized service/garage), I could enable Android auto via DDT4ALL/Developer Mode, but my reverse camera would probably be miss aligned
Are there any actual benefits to updating to either of these newer versions other than Android Auto? 

We're neighbors, by the way, I'm from Serbia. :) 

yr: 2017
clr: Gray
engn: 1.6 dCI 4WD BOSE 130 HP
edtn: Premium Techno Pack && Winter Pack
maps: Here 2020Q4

Latest maps 3 years 3 weeks ago #675

• Karl
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 27
Good morning. I see your'e in the good hands of RobertP - so you will get all the help you need. He definitely knows what he is doing.
SO, I will only add my personal experience.
I was in your shoes last summer - 2017 Kadjar with expired maps, the same Rlink2 version and interested in Android Auto. The latter turned out to be a disappointment to me, but it might be different for you.
I had no reverse camera and a still valid 5 year guarantee, so I asked my Renault dealer for an upgrade to version 7.xxx, which they did free of charge. That way, they took the risk to brick my device, not me ;-). It's a bit like the corona vaccinations - minimal risk, but it does happen that something goes seriously wrong.

Everything went well and I could fairly easy activate Android Auto. The new R-link version brought some minimal changes to the menus, but nothing special. Not better - not worse. But then again, I don't have the reverse camera.
I installed the patch and updated the maps without problem. I was creating my own installation file with a tool available on the internet. Not difficult. But if your'e ok with RobertPs choice of maps, using his files will be much quicker.
I am extremely happy with the Here maps. Much better and much more up to date. Everything works very well.
Good luck, whichever road you choose to take.

1,2 TCe EDC Night&Day prod. Oct. 2016
R-link 2 Ver. 7.0.24.161 (upgraded from 2.x by dealer).
Self activated Android Auto
Here maps

Latest maps 3 years 3 weeks ago #676

• Robertp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 200
Mornin'

For 2.2.19.300: Yes, you will be able to install latest maps&POIs and that is it. Normally I would suggest you to extend digital services with TomTom traffic live! but unfortunately last time I was in Serbia (2020 in March) this service stop to work just shortly cross the CRO/SRB border.
To have AndroidAuto I would chose a path which involve official update to V7. It is more stable and compatible with latest Android apps&OS. For camera guidelines, there is a solution, a lot is written on German Kadjar forum, but you need a DDT4ALL for that. So if you go with this way it is then better to activated boths functionalities with DDT4ALL (and some more, like rear light on with DRL, turn off front DRL when indicator on... With V7 you can even modify R-Link to install RS Monitor app.
2016 White 1.6 dCi 4WD BOSE with Premium Techno Pack, Winter Pack, Panoramic glass roof & autodipp mirror and retractable towbar.
Added ambient illumination, few chrome trims,
Replaced R-Link2 V2.2 SW version 9. 0.34.611, enabled Android Auto and CarPlay (change USB slots)
Maps: Here 2022Q2

Latest maps 3 years 3 weeks ago #677

• fugitiv3
  • Thank you received: 1
Good morning guys 

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

I guess that the safest path for me to take is to just patch iGO and get the latest maps&POIs for my region then, and for now, not do anything with updating the software.
Could you point me to the steps/resources needed that will guide me in doing this?

Once again, thank you very much for being so responsive and friendly. 
It is a rare treat to get this level of help and I appreciate it very much.

Kind regards
yr: 2017
clr: Gray
engn: 1.6 dCI 4WD BOSE 130 HP
edtn: Premium Techno Pack && Winter Pack
maps: Here 2020Q4

Latest maps 3 years 3 weeks ago #678

• lxnolan
  • Thank you received: 2
Hi I did my Kadjar past year, everything went great android auto, new maps.
I want to update my maps now, does anyone know if a map of Ireland or Uk and Ireland is available? I don't want to load up all of Europe!
Also I'd recommend to anyone installing maps to leave out 3d buildings as they slow everything down.

Thanks

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.132 seconds