Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC:

RLink firmware update 2.x to 3.3 5 years 1 month ago #241

• Kaidjar
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
So I succeded in doing the update from 2.2 to 3.3, I went to DevMode, turned on AndroidAuto and Ethenet ADB for CarPlay and that was it. AndroidAuto works fine as soon as you checked how it works. I have to use the USB cable to connect, in the lower middle of the Kadjar screen shows up the icon of AA, you have to click it and taataaaaaa - there it is. I use it mainly for Spotify to listen to books in the car, google maps is not my favourite, I would have liked to use my Sygic but until now google decides what mobile phone software you are allowed to use... nevertheless the music sound is overall better and the clock ob the standby screen looks nicer :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
All in all the R-Link responds a bit faster. Noe I'm trying to get the iGo Maps working but until now it does not like to do the update at all

Attachment not found

Attachment not found

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

RLink firmware update 2.x to 3.3 5 years 1 month ago #242

• tomeczektoja
  • Thank you received: 4
Hi,
I also updated to 3.3 with Android Auto. Everything is OK except voice commands on AA. I can turn on the command listenning by "hello google" but then nothing happens. It is the same by using command button on the steering wheel. Has anyone the same problem?
2015 Black with panorama, 1.6 dCi , version BOSE
Running Rlink 2 upgraded unsanctioned version: 3.3

RLink firmware update 2.x to 3.3 5 years 1 month ago #243

• Kaidjar
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Yes same "problem" here - but the voice commands in my Kadjar didn't work from the beginning properly, at least not to my satisfaction. So I didn't even notice that they were not responding now on in AA :P

RLink firmware update 2.x to 3.3 5 years 1 month ago #244

• Bes165
  • Thank you received: 0
I successfully updated to 3.3 but can't access developer mode to get android auto working. I've tried inserting the USB with DEBUG folder and DbgEnable.lge file, clicked the black square on the left once and to the bottom right 12 or more times but nothing happens.

Did anyone else have problems opening developer mode or have any tips or a different way to access it?

RLink firmware update 2.x to 3.3 5 years 1 month ago #245

• ryanfitz1981
  • Thank you received: 2

Hi,
I also updated to 3.3 with Android Auto. Everything is OK except voice commands on AA. I can turn on the command listenning by "hello google" but then nothing happens. It is the same by using command button on the steering wheel. Has anyone the same problem?

There is a work around. You have to make a call for a few seconds (voicemail works for me) then hang up. Once you do that long press the steering control button. This then activates the "ok Google".

You may need to check the settings in your Google assistant to "use bluetooth" or something like that.
The following user(s) said Thank You: AOne, tomeczektoja

Last edit: by ryanfitz1981.

RLink firmware update 2.x to 3.3 5 years 1 month ago #246

• SPH
  • Thank you received: 0
I have just tried this and it does appear to work. Make a call to voicemail and then 'Okay Google' works as it should. Thanks for this, I have spent ages trying to understand why it works sometimes and not others and the variable must be that you have made a call before using a voice command.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.149 seconds