Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC:

RLink firmware update 2.x to 3.3 5 years 1 month ago #247

• SPH
  • Thank you received: 0
It's all a bit random. The description of what you do is correct. Try varying the speed slightly and give the screen a good defintive prod. On mine you can seemingly do the same think several times and it won't work and then the 5,6,7th time it does (and it's not always 12 on the right). Just try varying where you prod and the speed and it does work eventually - usually just when you are about to give up in frustration!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

RLink firmware update 2.x to 3.3 5 years 1 month ago #248

• ryanfitz1981
  • Thank you received: 2

I have just tried this and it does appear to work. Make a call to voicemail and then 'Okay Google' works as it should. Thanks for this, I have spent ages trying to understand why it works sometimes and not others and the variable must be that you have made a call before using a voice command.

Glad I could help!

RLink firmware update 2.x to 3.3 5 years 1 month ago #249

• tomeczektoja
  • Thank you received: 4

I successfully updated to 3.3 but can't access developer mode to get android auto working. I've tried inserting the USB with DEBUG folder and DbgEnable.lge file, clicked the black square on the left once and to the bottom right 12 or more times but nothing happens.

Did anyone else have problems opening developer mode or have any tips or a different way to access it?

Hi try to follow this video description. Play it on the mobile phone and try pressing together with that guy on the video. It helped for me! :)
2015 Black with panorama, 1.6 dCi , version BOSE
Running Rlink 2 upgraded unsanctioned version: 3.3
The following user(s) said Thank You: duracel3634, Bes165

RLink firmware update 2.x to 3.3 5 years 1 month ago #250

• Bes165
Thank you. Worked first time trying to access developer mode whilst watching the video

RLink firmware update 2.x to 3.3 5 years 1 month ago #251

• tomeczektoja
  • Thank you received: 4

Hi,
I also updated to 3.3 with Android Auto. Everything is OK except voice commands on AA. I can turn on the command listenning by "hello google" but then nothing happens. It is the same by using command button on the steering wheel. Has anyone the same problem?

There is a work around. You have to make a call for a few seconds (voicemail works for me) then hang up. Once you do that long press the steering control button. This then activates the "ok Google".

You may need to check the settings in your Google assistant to "use bluetooth" or something like that.

I confirm that works :). After call everything works as it should.. maybe some smart ass can configure it? Today my Kadjar had to go to the workshop :( :( After some whistling from the turbocharger and power loss I decided to call assistance.
2015 Black with panorama, 1.6 dCi , version BOSE
Running Rlink 2 upgraded unsanctioned version: 3.3

RLink firmware update 2.x to 3.3 5 years 1 month ago #252

• Rogers
Hi, I have followed this video exactly but I just cannot get into developer mode. I have upgraded from 2.2.x to version 3 no problem using the guide on the forum but have so far failed to get into developer mode. The file is 100% correct on the USB drive. The only thing I am unsure about is in that video there is already a USB drive plugged in, is there meant to be something specific on that?

Any help or suggestions is welcome, thanks.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.164 seconds