Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC:

RLink firmware update 2.x to 3.3 5 years 1 month ago #253

• duracel3634
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 247

Hi, I have followed this video exactly but I just cannot get into developer mode. I have upgraded from 2.2.x to version 3 no problem using the guide on the forum but have so far failed to get into developer mode. The file is 100% correct on the USB drive. The only thing I am unsure about is in that video there is already a USB drive plugged in, is there meant to be something specific on that?

Any help or suggestions is welcome, thanks.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think the USB he puts in just before tapping the screen to get into Developers Mode is the stick with the DEBUG set up on it.
2016 Black 1.2 TCE Signature Nav S Manual Petrol Bose with Tech Pack and Drop Tow Bar
Running Rlink 2 Version: 9.0.34.611 Boot 5661- Self activated Android Auto - Map Version: mappackage_tt_feu_mid_2018_06
Renault Austral Estate1.2 E-Tech FHEV Iconic Esprit Alpine 5dr Auto 4C

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

RLink firmware update 2.x to 3.3 5 years 1 month ago #254

• Rogers
  • Thank you received: 0

Hi, I have followed this video exactly but I just cannot get into developer mode. I have upgraded from 2.2.x to version 3 no problem using the guide on the forum but have so far failed to get into developer mode. The file is 100% correct on the USB drive. The only thing I am unsure about is in that video there is already a USB drive plugged in, is there meant to be something specific on that?

Any help or suggestions is welcome, thanks.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think the USB he puts in just before tapping the screen to get into Developers Mode is the stick with the DEBUG set up on it.

I understand that, but I wanted to know what is on the stick that is connected at the start of the video and if this matters? Currently that is the only thing I have done differently than on this video.

RLink firmware update 2.x to 3.3 5 years 1 month ago #255

• duracel3634
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Good question, try PM to tomeczektoja, as he posted the video, he might know the answer
2016 Black 1.2 TCE Signature Nav S Manual Petrol Bose with Tech Pack and Drop Tow Bar
Running Rlink 2 Version: 9.0.34.611 Boot 5661- Self activated Android Auto - Map Version: mappackage_tt_feu_mid_2018_06

RLink firmware update 2.x to 3.3 5 years 1 month ago #256

• duracel3634
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
I have been checking around other videos etc and I believe the original USB stick only had music on it before being changed to the second stick.

There is another post from last year that has written instructions which might help in what you are trying to achieve.

https://www.renaultkadjarforum.com/forum/renault-r-link/194-rlink-2-developer-mode/1027.html#1027

Last edit: by duracel3634.

RLink firmware update 2.x to 3.3 5 years 1 month ago #257

• Kaidjar
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
You just need to put in the stick with the DEBUG folder, unplug everything else. Then tap as described, you can tap more than 12 times in case 1 or 2 taps have been missing and you must vary the location of the lower 12 taps a bit up a bit down. And booom --- you are into DevMode... my "tap location" is very close to the end of the area, very close to the line...

Re:RLink firmware update 2.x to 3.3 5 years 1 month ago #258

• duracel3634
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

You just need to put in the stick with the DEBUG folder, unplug everything else. Then tap as described, you can tap more than 12 times in case 1 or 2 taps have been missing and you must vary the location of the lower 12 taps a bit up a bit down. And booom --- you are into DevMode... my "tap location" is very close to the end of the area, very close to the line...

Does it also work on v2 of Rlink?

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.156 seconds