Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Hi . a possible Kadjar owner here :) 5 years 3 months ago #1

• salahunreal
  • salahunreal's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi,
My name is Salah and living in Sweden. My leasing for Subaru XV will end soon in March and started looking for my next car and was interested with all the good feedback and reviews about Kadjar plus the specs and money wise of this car.
Not looking to buy a new one as there will be some tough environment laws to be applied in 2021 in Stockholm with zones where zone 1 will be only electrical cars allowed and zone 2 only Euro 6 cars so planning to buy a used Kadjar maybe 2016 or 2017 and see on 2021 or 22 how it will goes.
I see some good offers on 2016 and 2017 but kind of confused with the trim levels. Does the trim names change every year? and if so, does anyone cam guide me where I can find the trim levels for a specif year if possible

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Hi . a possible Kadjar owner here :) 5 years 3 months ago #2

• AOne
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 251
There's something like an upgrade for vehicles manufactured after May 2017. Try choosing one later than that. The main difference is in the multimedia unit, called RLink2. The later ones have Android Auto/Car play for "projecting" some approved apps on the car's screen, like Google Maps, Spotify and others. As far as I know, the trim levels have the same name since first released car. 
1.6 dCI, 2WD, Zen+ , Retractable Tow Bar.
RLink 2 - V9.0.34.610, Here Maps (2021/Q4) + TomTom POIs and SpeedCams (2021_06)
The following user(s) said Thank You: salahunreal

Hi . a possible Kadjar owner here :) 5 years 3 months ago #3

• salahunreal
I have tested the Android Auto with Tucson in a test drive for a day. Its cool but it would not be the main factor into my car selection. There are some small converters can be installed to have a similar functionality like casting your mobile screen to the car display and you can use touch screen of the car display to interact. Not the same but the it can work I think.

I am looking into 2017 and 2016 and can not see that much difference in the price. like about 2000-3000 euros difference. Is there a site you are aware of where it shows you the difference in years and what enhancements has been considered?

Hi . a possible Kadjar owner here :) 5 years 3 months ago #4

• turboted10
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 26
Try to avoid even late 2016 cars, many functions that should be there either aren't or simply don't work, RLink is a lucky dip at this age and auto walk away locking didn't appear until post Oct 2016. Mine is Oct 2016 and my only real niggles with the car are as above, reliability has been perfect so far.
The following user(s) said Thank You: salahunreal

Hi . a possible Kadjar owner here :) 5 years 3 months ago #5

• salahunreal

Try to avoid even late 2016 cars, many functions that should be there either aren't or simply don't work, RLink is a lucky dip at this age and auto walk away locking didn't appear until post Oct 2016. Mine is Oct 2016 and my only real niggles with the car are as above, reliability has been perfect so far.

Thanks for the advise. I am checking now the prices for 2017, its like 3000 or 4000 euros extra. Usually when I lock the car, i always try to open the door and make sure its locked. Just a habit as once I was pretty sure I locked the car from the remote key but after 2 mins when I got back to the car, my mobile was stolen so from since, I always try to open the door so walk away locking will not be very helpful for me.

I found a used Kadjar 2016 with Bose trim (he mentioned that it has R link 2 but I do not know if you mean this will not be working) level and the price is now 18k euros. Properly he will sell it for 17 or 16k if not sold in next two months. Any 2017 Kadjar Zen trim level is like 2k or 2,5k extra. Any other upgrades major in 2017 over 2016 rather than the auto locking and R link 2.

Is there an aftermarket R link 2 can be bought and installed or it will not work?

Thanks in advanced.

Hi . a possible Kadjar owner here :) 5 years 2 months ago #6

• Robertp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 199
Hello

first to clarify... you can only swap with Chinesee android device an Arkamys radio device. R-Link 2 unfortunatly can’t. Somehow R-Link2 is same kind of device...
I also have an early 2016 Bose 4WD and only thing realy bothers me is that there is no light in glove compartment. Not fitted yet... I have own opinion regarding walk-away lock and auto folding mirrors... and that there is no lock buttons on rear door...
I do enable some functionalities with DDT4All and upgrade R-Link to 3.3.16.961 and also enable Android auto. For Carplay I need to find cheap replacement for USB module, new is like 160€ and still no guaranty to work...
I found my Kadjar reliable, have 67kkm on clock, driving on 19” wheels. I have 2 reprogs of injection ECU (recall) due to emission. 
Have any question, wellcome
2016 White 1.6 dCi 4WD BOSE with Premium Techno Pack, Winter Pack, Panoramic glass roof & autodipp mirror and retractable towbar.
Added ambient illumination, few chrome trims,
Replaced R-Link2 V2.2 SW version 9. 0.34.611, enabled Android Auto and CarPlay (change USB slots)
Maps: Here 2022Q2

• Page:
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.126 seconds