Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Dealership price for front and rear Pads and Discs 4 years 10 months ago #1

• Proudy99
  • Proudy99's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Lookers Newcastle have charged me £620 for this work discovered as part of my service, I had talked them down from £780 to £680 then they seem to have billed the £620. The phone call from the mechanic was quite a hard sell and even though I asked for the old discs and pads back they only provided the discs. I've just had my customer satisfaction email from them and before I respond I was looking for opinions on the pricing and the methods used . Funny part of all of this is the main reason for the car being in the garage was due to faulty door sensor which they said was to complex to diagnose that day.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Dealership price for front and rear Pads and Discs 4 years 10 months ago #2

• turboted10
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 26
I can't say this often enough, never entrust diagnosis and repair to a main dealer. Ok, take it to them if you must for service but take the report to an independent garage for a 2nd opinion and a none main dealer repair price is work is actually needed.
Pads and disc needing changing is probably the most common cause for complaint on here about dealerships, go elsewhere. I know it's too late this time but you are obviously not happy and not even convinced the work was necessary so approach it differently next time.

Check out this thread active today www.renaultkadjarforum.com/forum/wheels-tyres-brakes-suspension/515-brakes-wear.html?start=0

Last edit: by turboted10.

Dealership price for front and rear Pads and Discs 4 years 10 months ago #3

• cjkanic
  • Thank you received: 4
Reading this topic makes me angry with dealerships, Total price of good quality after market discs and pads cost at the most £200 and about 1 hour to change including a brew or two each side and no rushing how can they charge some one £600+ without feeling guilty, and then to say they are needed on a vehicle with less that 20000 miles is even more astounding.
2018 Kadjar 1.6 Dci sig nav Bose and a 2016 Capture Nav Tce. 45 years in the Motor Vehicle Repair Industry

Dealership price for front and rear Pads and Discs 4 years 10 months ago #4

• duracel3634
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 247
The very high prices are not reserved just for Renault, it is, unfortunately, a common practice across the majority of manufacturers.
2016 Black 1.2 TCE Signature Nav S Manual Petrol Bose with Tech Pack and Drop Tow Bar
Running Rlink 2 Version: 9.0.34.611 Boot 5661- Self activated Android Auto - Map Version: mappackage_tt_feu_mid_2018_06
Renault Austral Estate1.2 E-Tech FHEV Iconic Esprit Alpine 5dr Auto 4C

Dealership price for front and rear Pads and Discs 4 years 10 months ago #5

• cjkanic
  • Thank you received: 4
You are right duracel3634 when I refer to dealerships i do mean all dealerships not just Renault and some other after market company's dare i say the kwik fit type etc.
2018 Kadjar 1.6 Dci sig nav Bose and a 2016 Capture Nav Tce. 45 years in the Motor Vehicle Repair Industry

Dealership price for front and rear Pads and Discs 4 years 10 months ago #6

• Roxy1234
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 45
Was told before Easter my discs needed replacing my pads were 90% worn, as we going away had the rear pads changed at my local garage not at the dealers... had to take the car back after Easter hol to have air con fixed the dealer was a bit upset they were not going to get the big pay day as I said they did not need replacing... did tell them the rear pads has 35% left never mind the 10% they said...... cost of discs and pads would have been £820 and the ended up getting nothing... dealer rip-off

• Page:
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.123 seconds