Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC:

"Android Auto guidance stopped" 3 years 2 months ago #1

• AOne
  • AOne's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 251
"Android Auto guidance stopped" - I get this message every time I try to set a destination in Google maps. This thing happened only recently. The route shows for half a second and then disappears, with popping up the above mentioned message in a box, looking like from the RLinks' interface. The navigation works perfectly on the phone when detached from RLink. Waze works normal in AA, showing everything in the RLink, so it's some bug with the Google Maps itself. Android 11 on the phone and no improvement with erasing Cache and Data of the app. Anybody with the same problem?
1.6 dCI, 2WD, Zen+ , Retractable Tow Bar.
RLink 2 - V9.0.34.610, Here Maps (2021/Q4) + TomTom POIs and SpeedCams (2021_06)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:"Android Auto guidance stopped" 3 years 2 months ago #2

• AOne
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
I realized it happens also in Waze, but not every time. On few occasions the routing initiated normally. I can't get the logic behind it. Tried with my wife's phone - same issue.

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk
RLink 2 - V9.0.34.610, Here Maps (2021/Q4) + TomTom POIs and SpeedCams (2021_06)

Last edit: by AOne.

Re:"Android Auto guidance stopped" 3 years 2 months ago #3

• duracel3634
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 247
Tried mine today for a 4 mile with no problems using a Samsung S8 Android V9
2016 Black 1.2 TCE Signature Nav S Manual Petrol Bose with Tech Pack and Drop Tow Bar
Running Rlink 2 Version: 9.0.34.611 Boot 5661- Self activated Android Auto - Map Version: mappackage_tt_feu_mid_2018_06
Renault Austral Estate1.2 E-Tech FHEV Iconic Esprit Alpine 5dr Auto 4C
The following user(s) said Thank You: AOne

"Android Auto guidance stopped" 3 years 2 months ago #4

• kadjar162
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 23
I am having same issue for months now , started same as yours and now even Waze doesn't work at all, tried everything, only thing to do now is try to downgrade to v2. 2 and upgrade again not sure if would help but that is only option left , so enjoy Waze while you can)

Re:Re:"Android Auto guidance stopped" 3 years 2 months ago #5

• AOne
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
So it's not just me. A really strange situation. I really like the built-in sat-nav, so maybe extending my subscription is the best option. I've extended it in a little bit a odd way. In my country we have option to pay 40 euros and extended only the internet service (only availableoption). I thought it would extend my TomTom subscription, but it appeared to be not the thing I wanted. It gives me just a basic traffic info, not the full service. So, next year I'll not hesitate and will pay the 65 euros for TomTom Traffic HD and would not have to bother with Google maps.

Re:Re:"Android Auto guidance stopped" 3 years 1 month ago #6

• kadjar162
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 23

So it's not just me. A really strange situation. I really like the built-in sat-nav, so maybe extending my subscription is the best option. I've extended it in a little bit a odd way. In my country we have option to pay 40 euros and extended only the internet service (only availableoption). I thought it would extend my TomTom subscription, but it appeared to be not the thing I wanted. It gives me just a basic traffic info, not the full service. So, next year I'll not hesitate and will pay the 65 euros for TomTom Traffic HD and would not have to bother with Google maps.

I have TomTom traffic updates for 65euro, but can't say am really using it might be one a month or less, as for AA I tried and reset the AA apk inside de r-link, tried older version (one worked for one time till I switched off the engine then stopped and reinstalling same version didn't help anymore) tried to find something on other forums and no answer, so I will try to downgrade and upgrade whenever I will have a good bit of time and see, as I have no idea what caused the issue, you did any changes or installed any new apps before it started to crash?

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.123 seconds