• Page:

TOPIC:

Petrol v Diesel 5 years 6 months ago #1

• duracel3634
  • duracel3634's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 247
Ok, putting aside that Diesel Engines are more economical and Diesel Engines, on the whole, go on and on and on..... why choose a Diesel Engine when there have been concerns raised about how clean the emissions actually are?

I personally use diesel for work and find the engines very forgiving, when I can't be bothered to change down the gears, but what ultimately draws the Diesel users, here, to the use of the engine?

I think it is a shame that if you want a 4x4 Kadjar it is only available with a Diesel Engine when Renault has in the past had a Petrol 4x4.
2016 Black 1.2 TCE Signature Nav S Manual Petrol Bose with Tech Pack and Drop Tow Bar
Running Rlink 2 Version: 9.0.34.611 Boot 5661- Self activated Android Auto - Map Version: mappackage_tt_feu_mid_2018_06
Renault Austral Estate1.2 E-Tech FHEV Iconic Esprit Alpine 5dr Auto 4C

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Petrol v Diesel 5 years 6 months ago #2

• Guzzilazz
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 18
I've been looking at this a lot recently.  Until 2016, I'd had turbo diesel cars for over 10 years.   However, with an 8 year old Seat Exeo getting to the point of needing £700 of cambelt, I swapped for small turbo petrol (Focus 1.0 Ecoboost) and have only been considering petrol ever since - mainly because I think the government will hit diesels hard (on the pretence of being green) over the next few years. 

I fully agree with you, that Diesel driveability is superb, and now that SWMBO wans a caravan, I think our future will undoubtedly be in a diesel SUV.  With AdBlue, NOx emissions are in many cases better than petrol...  Having only had the Kadj for a month though, I'm not swapping the car for a while as I love it...
Larry

Essex

2017 Ford Kuga Titanium 2.0 150bhp 2wd Ruby Red
ex 2017 Kadjar Dynamique S Nav Flame Red

Petrol v Diesel 5 years 6 months ago #3

• AOne
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 251

I've been looking at this a lot recently.  Until 2016, I'd had turbo diesel cars for over 10 years.   However, with an 8 year old Seat Exeo getting to the point of needing £700 of cambelt, I swapped for small turbo petrol (Focus 1.0 Ecoboost) and have only been considering petrol ever since - mainly because I think the government will hit diesels hard (on the pretence of being green) over the next few years. 

I fully agree with you, that Diesel driveability is superb, and now that SWMBO wans a caravan, I think our future will undoubtedly be in a diesel SUV.  With AdBlue, NOx emissions are in many cases better than petrol...  Having only had the Kadj for a month though, I'm not swapping the car for a while as I love it...

+1 Agree with everything said.
1.6 dCI, 2WD, Zen+ , Retractable Tow Bar.
RLink 2 - V9.0.34.610, Here Maps (2021/Q4) + TomTom POIs and SpeedCams (2021_06)

Petrol v Diesel 5 years 6 months ago #4

• duracel3634
  • duracel3634's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 247
I completed a reasonably long drive yesterday and was quite impressed with the fuel consumption in my 1.2 Petrol.

On Saturday I filled up in St Leonards On Sea, East Sussex and drove to Eastbourne dealer and then back to Hastings. I then drove from Hastings to the outskirts of Bristol, just under 200miles, and filled up at Thornbury. My consumption, according to the car, was a little over 43 mpg.

On the way back I check my consumption AVERAGE consumption while on the M4 nearing the turn off for the M25 and I was achieving 50 mpg, well impressed as I have never had it that high. By the time I arrived home back in Hastings the average had dropped to just over 48 mpg,

When I was driving to Bristol there were quite strong headwinds and on the way back the wind and dropped a lot. I guess it is possibly mainly downhill coming back, even though it is not that noticeable, but achieving anything over 40 mpg in a petrol vehicle makes me a happy bunny. 
2016 Black 1.2 TCE Signature Nav S Manual Petrol Bose with Tech Pack and Drop Tow Bar
Running Rlink 2 Version: 9.0.34.611 Boot 5661- Self activated Android Auto - Map Version: mappackage_tt_feu_mid_2018_06
Renault Austral Estate1.2 E-Tech FHEV Iconic Esprit Alpine 5dr Auto 4C

• Page:
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.122 seconds