Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC:

Stop Vehicle notification on dashboard 5 years 9 months ago #1

• FootballMum
  • FootballMum's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi all, looking for some assistance with this error as Renault's idea of help was booking me in for 2 weeks time!  I have an automatic and been driving it for over a year.  Today I parked up in a car park and when I opened the drivers door an alarm went off.  My dashboard then presented a 'Stop vehicle' warning at the base of the dashboard and the red circled P flashed in the top left of the dashboard and the handbrake switch below the gear stick flashed on and off.  I shut the car door, re-started the engine and the warning stopped, but when I put it in drive and moved forward 'hill start assist' flashed up.  I was able to drive home and parked outside our local shop, no issue at all, parked on my drive and the same error occurred.  The first car park and my drive have the smallest of gradients, and I mean small.  Does anyone have any idea what is causing this and I have no idea whatsoever?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Stop Vehicle notification on dashboard 5 years 9 months ago #2

• duracel3634
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 247
As I'm sure you are aware after looking at the Car Manual, the P light indicates the following:

P flashing light means the following:
Handbrake or electronic
parking brake warning light
Refer to the information on the
Assisted parking brake” in Section 2.

Operating faults
– If there is a fault, the (Spanner Symbol warning light) warning
light illuminates on the instrument
panel accompanied by the “Check
parking brake” message and, in
some cases, the (P warning light) warning
light.
Please contact an authorised dealer
as soon as possible.
– If there is an assisted parking brake
fault, the warning light (STOP warning light) comes
on, along with the message “Braking
system fault”, a beep and, in some
cases, the warning light (P warning light).
This means that you must stop as
soon as traffic conditions allow.

Additional Warning in the Hand Book as follows:
It is therefore essential to
immobilise the vehicle by
engaging first gear (manual
gearbox) or position P (automatic
gearbox). If the slope requires
it, chock the vehicle.

So the long and the short of it is that it could be as simple as a Sensor fault or something more serious, my advise is that it you should air on the side of caution and leave the vehicle parked up and get Renault to collect it from you rather than taking it to them.

As a matter of curiosity, which model do you have, Mileage, how old for future reference.

2016 Black 1.2 TCE Signature Nav S Manual Petrol Bose with Tech Pack and Drop Tow Bar
Running Rlink 2 Version: 9.0.34.611 Boot 5661- Self activated Android Auto - Map Version: mappackage_tt_feu_mid_2018_06
Renault Austral Estate1.2 E-Tech FHEV Iconic Esprit Alpine 5dr Auto 4C

Stop Vehicle notification on dashboard 5 years 9 months ago #3

• AOne
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 251
Had the same three times the last week on first start and move for a meter or two, than switch off engine. Mine is manual. Had this and with my previous Scenic. All you need to do is move the car a few inches and apply the brake again. It's a fault in the automatic handbrake. My guess is a sensor, moisture somewhere or something like that. I don't pay attention to it, cause I'm used to from my previous Renault in cold or wet weather. Nevertheless, today made 1300 km trip, crossing 6 borders and hanging in traffic jams there, constantly pulling the brake when waiting for the queue to move (hundreds of times for the last 15 hours). No problem at all. I wouldn't worry, but it would be nice to share with us, what is the garage's opinion :)
1.6 dCI, 2WD, Zen+ , Retractable Tow Bar.
RLink 2 - V9.0.34.610, Here Maps (2021/Q4) + TomTom POIs and SpeedCams (2021_06)

Last edit: by AOne.

Stop Vehicle notification on dashboard 5 years 9 months ago #4

• Stevieboy
  • Thank you received: 9
I had a similar thing happened as I reversed out of a parking space in a car park. The car reacted a bit like Neymar, but it was all down to me not shutting my door properly. Opened the door, closed it properly and started the car normally with no extra warnings. 

I think it didn't want to release the parking brake whilst the door was not secure, so it set off all the warnings and alarm bells in the car.
1.6dCi 4WD in Flame Red, now replaced by Hyundai Tucson 1.6T-GDi Sport Edition
The following user(s) said Thank You: duracel3634, FootballMum

Stop Vehicle notification on dashboard 4 years 8 months ago #5

• deano
  • Thank you received: 2
I have Renault Kadjar 2018, 1.5 dci, manual transmission. I had the similar issues two times last month.
First time this happened after car washed and after 15 minutes of drive, when I stopped to park the car the error on dashboard showed "check your parking brake". I tried several times to activate the parking brake and to deactivate but the error message did not disappear. I also noted that parking breake applied only on rear right wheel but not on left. When I turned off the engine, got out of car, lock and again unlocked, started the engine, the error message disappear and I drove almost 1 month without any issues.
Yesterday, I started the engine and error message immediately appeared again but this time it said "check you parking brake and stop the car" and did the same as last time as described above and when I again entered the vehicle and started the engine the error message disappear and car is working properly.
I am going to service this Friday and will keep you updated on developments.
The following user(s) said Thank You: duracel3634, AOne

Last edit: by deano.

Stop Vehicle notification on dashboard 4 years 8 months ago #6

• terryp
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 19
Coincidentally, yesterday the red light on my parking brake started to flash when I stopped in a car park. This was accompanied by a message in amber lights saying "check hill start assist" . It then changed to "check parking brake" also in amber lighting.
I pushed the brake lever down and held it there for 2 or 3 seconds and the red light went off and all was normal.
I'll post an update if this happens again.
2020 GT Line 1.3 Tce Nice shade of Blue
The following user(s) said Thank You: duracel3634

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.130 seconds