Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Battery low start engine 3 years 6 months ago #1

• Pentris
  • Pentris's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 6
With the coronavirus I spend time sitting in my car listening to the radio whilst my wife either shops where they only allow one person in, or she has a 30 minute visit to her mother in a care home. Within one hour I keep getting the 'battery low start engine' message. This is really annoying for a 16 month old car and battery. Is this more likely to be a rubbish capacity battery in the car or a charging fault? If the battery capacity is poor can I put in a larger capacity version. With winter very soon I do not want the cold weather to kill the battery and prevent starting.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Redkadj

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Battery low start engine 3 years 6 months ago #2

• Paul
  • Thank you received: 10
It’s quite normal. The car has a safety “device” to ensure that the battery does not go flat.
There’s no charging problem, all Kadjars do this. As for purchasing a higher capacity battery, I’ll leave that to your judgment.
Paul
Signature 1.5 dci
Now 1.3 GT Line
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pentris

Battery low start engine 3 years 6 months ago #3

• Robertp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 200

With the coronavirus I spend time sitting in my car listening to the radio whilst my wife either shops where they only allow one person in, or she has a 30 minute visit to her mother in a care home. Within one hour I keep getting the 'battery low start engine' message. This is really annoying for a 16 month old car and battery. Is this more likely to be a rubbish capacity battery in the car or a charging fault? If the battery capacity is poor can I put in a larger capacity version. With winter very soon I do not want the cold weather to kill the battery and prevent starting.

You can get that notice on a brand new in show room. Battery simply is not designed to power all systems for an hour or so. It is limited to 10 minutes or 15...
2016 White 1.6 dCi 4WD BOSE with Premium Techno Pack, Winter Pack, Panoramic glass roof & autodipp mirror and retractable towbar.
Added ambient illumination, few chrome trims,
Replaced R-Link2 V2.2 SW version 9. 0.34.611, enabled Android Auto and CarPlay (change USB slots)
Maps: Here 2022Q2
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pentris

• Page:
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.108 seconds