Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Amazon Music on R-Link 3 years 3 months ago #1

• paddy878
  • paddy878's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1
Evening,

My mum has a new 2020 Captur and needs help playing music through the car without touching the phone. She has an Amazon music subscription, and I successfully got music playing but had to initialise it from the phone first, then I could only skip through her recently played songs. There was a list button on the touchscreen but when pressed showed a blank screen.

Does she need to create playlists/albums so she would then be able to access a list of music? I'm collecting my Kadjar tomorrow and will be playing with Spotify through it so I might be able to figure it out but was wondering if anyone had any tips on getting the most out of Amazon Music/Spotify through the media system? Many thanks in advance. Paddy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by paddy878.

Amazon Music on R-Link 3 years 3 months ago #2

• darenh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 154
I would go on Facebook group, Kadjar, captur and clio group and ask the question.

While there may be similarities the captur uses a different infotainment system and then it could be one of two systems.

The captur is very similar to the clio, and depending how and what you have connected ie BT, cable or mirroring.
For instance if I connect via BT I can activate the Amazon app and use it hands free. I have several play list so I can just ask it to play which ever play list or a particular track, radio station etc just like I would do at home.
The same as if CarPlay was connected id just start the app on the Rlink2 then talk to the phone.

Amazon Music on R-Link 3 years 3 months ago #3

• paddy878

I would go on Facebook group, Kadjar, captur and clio group and ask the question.

While there may be similarities the captur uses a different infotainment system and then it could be one of two systems.

The captur is very similar to the clio, and depending how and what you have connected ie BT, cable or mirroring.
For instance if I connect via BT I can activate the Amazon app and use it hands free. I have several play list so I can just ask it to play which ever play list or a particular track, radio station etc just like I would do at home.
The same as if CarPlay was connected id just start the app on the Rlink2 then talk to the phone.

Many thanks Daren,

I've had a play on R-Link In my Kadjar now (less than 3 hours of ownership). I'm disappointed in the volume level of music when connected via Bluetooth and I can only listen to (and skip through) the last album I listened to on Spotify. I'll head back out to the car in a bit with the phone cable and compare the difference.

Will definitely look at that Facebook group for my mum's captur. Cheers!

Amazon Music on R-Link 3 years 3 months ago #4

• darenh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Have you turned the volume up on your phone?

Amazon Music on R-Link 3 years 3 months ago #5

• paddy878

Have you turned the volume up on your phone?

I didn't think to try that, the volume is by the by, the functionality of spotify via BT is virtually none so I have dug out a spare cable for my phone to live in the car and will be using Android Auto when I want to use Spotify/Google maps. I'm all ears if anyone has any suggestions for cool things you can do with R-link and I am scouring the threads for tips and tricks

Great forum, liking it so far B) B)
The following user(s) said Thank You: duracel3634

Amazon Music on R-Link 3 years 3 months ago #6

• darenh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
If you haven’t done it that’s the problem, I run iPhone via BT and CarPlay. The volume on the phone effects the output.

• Page:
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.129 seconds