Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Towbar electrics/rev.cam 3 years 4 months ago #1

• catdog
  • catdog's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
hello to all, and I wish you all a very happy New Year to come in these terrible times. I hope none of you have had any friends or family with this virus.
I have a question to ask on my NEW 2020 KADJAR BLACK LINE BOSE auto.
On inspection, the Reversing Camera IMAGE was SUPERB, VERY VERY CLEAR and SHARP. Our Garage has just fitted a (original and expensive) detachable towbar & electrics to it. I notice that the IMAGE (especially noticeable at NIGHT) is less sharp and seems to have a slight fuzzy electrical interference. Note:- The Camera and reversing lights etc., are all CLEAN with no smears etc. PLEASE could someone help and tell me WHERE should the Towbar Electric cable(s) be connected to , maybe the garage fitter connected them to the wrong point? THANK YOU in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Towbar electrics/rev.cam 3 years 4 months ago #2

• Robertp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 200
Original electric wiring for towbar includes connection box module which is plug and play with existing wiring into left back panel in trunk. No need to piggyback wires nor ground. Not interfere with camera (speaking from own experience, I have a retractable towbar). It looks that wiring was piggyback from wrong wires for ground.
2016 White 1.6 dCi 4WD BOSE with Premium Techno Pack, Winter Pack, Panoramic glass roof & autodipp mirror and retractable towbar.
Added ambient illumination, few chrome trims,
Replaced R-Link2 V2.2 SW version 9. 0.34.611, enabled Android Auto and CarPlay (change USB slots)
Maps: Here 2022Q2

Towbar electrics/rev.cam 3 years 4 months ago #3

• darenh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 154
It would be extremely difficult to use the wrong wires. There are 4 wires for the camera, that go directly to the Rlink2.
The power supply is laid on in the rear loom and just needs pulling out and a fuse inserting, the rest is unplug and plug an adapter cable in between such as the light pickups. The other connector is under the rear bumper that provides a signal to the Rlink2, but unless you have a trailer/van attached.

Take it back to the garage and ask them to check the wiring. Disconnect the control unit first to see if there’s something causing interference with that. If you are certain it was ok before it’s going to be a process of trying the ‘recent add on’ to find out which part is causing it.

Towbar electrics/rev.cam 3 years 3 months ago #4

• fixer
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 27
You may find just by fitting a shielded earth over the camera loom it may well stop what seems to be interference. It would be interesting to hear the outcome of this.

• Page:
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.182 seconds