TOPIC:

Puddle light in wing mirror 3 years 3 months ago #1

• Robertp
  • Robertp's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 200
Hi

I just ordered on Ali a LED light (23mm in diameter) which should fit in hole (must be drilled in mirror) to have ambient light on unlocking car. Since parts were not expensive I ordered them without thinking how to connect them... so if anybody did that; is there already harness in mirror or must I dig and find a proper wire inside a car?
2016 White 1.6 dCi 4WD BOSE with Premium Techno Pack, Winter Pack, Panoramic glass roof & autodipp mirror and retractable towbar.
Added ambient illumination, few chrome trims,
Replaced R-Link2 V2.2 SW version 9. 0.34.611, enabled Android Auto and CarPlay (change USB slots)
Maps: Here 2022Q2

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Robertp.

Puddle light in wing mirror 3 years 3 months ago #2

• darenh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 154
I’ve pickup up from the interior light, back off, and cabled through the the door cable gator.
I’ve recommended this to a few people who have used it to fit wing mirror puddle lights. It means removing the door cards which isn’t too bad a job. And using a wire puller, I use a piece of flexible stiff fuel pipe for heaters. Only about 4mm in diameter, tape the feed wire to it and apply some Vaseline to help it through.
Once connected to the interior light it follows door opening, just tuck the wire in to the trim behind the rubber door seal, just be mindful there’s a curtain air bag in the roof above the door, so avoid that.

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.118 seconds