Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Battery Replacement Procedure. Does the Renault Kadjar have a BMS fuse? 3 years 3 months ago #1

• johnsalch
  • johnsalch's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Because of the new strain of human malware going around the world, I haven't had the chance to drive my car much (Renault Kadjar 1.5 dCi). Add to this the cold weather outside and the fact the car is 4 years old, and it's no surprise the battery went below 3V.

I know for a fact several cars with Start-Stop systems like the Kadjar have a BMS with a specific fuse you need to remove before replacing the battery. I wasn't able to find said fuse, and the manual is disappointing to say the least.

I removed the battery anyway, as a completely flat battery has no chance of damaging anything while being removed.

I have ordered a replacement, and want to know If i can just install it right away or if there's a procedure I need to follow like with other Start-Stop vehicles involving the BMS fuse.

I cannot go to a dealer due to the current situation in my country, and I'm an EE by trade, so I have experience with electrical systems and have worked on other cars. No worries about that.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Battery Replacement Procedure. Does the Renault Kadjar have a BMS fuse? 3 years 3 months ago #2

• JC
  • Thank you received: 8
Hi I had the same problem as yourself and just replaced the battery in normal way no problems as such but the instrument panel changed style and colours and I would check nav and radio settings hope this helps

Re:Battery Replacement Procedure. Does the Renault Kadjar have a BMS fuse? 4 months 6 days ago #3

• everson

Because of the new strain of human malware going around the world, I haven't had the chance to drive my car much (Renault Kadjar 1.5 dCi). Add to this the cold weather outside and the fact the car is 4 years old, and it's no surprise the battery went below 3V.

I know for a fact several cars with Start-Stop systems like the Kadjar have a BMS with a specific fuse you need to remove before replacing the battery. I wasn't able to find said fuse, and the manual is disappointing to say the least.

I removed the battery anyway, as a completely flat battery has no chance of damaging anything while being removed.

I have ordered a replacement, and want to know If i can just install it right away or if there's a procedure I need to follow like with other Start-Stop vehicles involving the BMS fuse.

I cannot go to a dealer due to the current situation in my country, and I'm an EE by trade, so I have experience with electrical systems and have worked on other cars. No worries about that.

Hello my friend,

Just wondering how you got on, did you need to do anything special with replacing your battery? Thanks.

Sent from my moto g(8) plus using Tapatalk

Battery Replacement Procedure. Does the Renault Kadjar have a BMS fuse? 2 months 1 week ago #4

• ci
just replace it, and that is all

Battery Replacement Procedure. Does the Renault Kadjar have a BMS fuse? 2 months 1 week ago #5

• gsa1967
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 23
in august i replace it too. in renault dealer . I put a bosch (Bosch S4E08 12V 70Ah 760A - Efb-Start.Stop)      battery on ,start and stop, and declare it to central dealer.
cost 130 euros the battery and 10 euros to change and declare it. 

• Page:
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.110 seconds