TOPIC:

Trunk light doesn't work 3 years 1 month ago #1

• kadjar162
  • kadjar162's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 23
Hi, everyone
​​​​​​I am having such an issue, tried to replace trunk bulb with a led one as original one was halogen and wasn't too bright and as kadjar has only one light for trunk, though that a good idea, but for some reason after I tried to replace it new new led bulb, it didn't work and when tried old one no luck either,  tried to test with a voltmeter and looks like cable is dead, any idea what could be the issue and how to fix it as all other lights work, and no separate fuse for that bulb either so I have no clue what to do now to fix it 

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by kadjar162.

Trunk light doesn't work 3 years 1 month ago #2

• JC
  • Thank you received: 8
Hi I would think a fuse somewhere is most likely does rear wiper work , number plate , rear aux point etc etc etc if these ok I would go through all the fuses in fuse box many are NOT labelled correctly on the lid just ignore that decal I’m afraid best of luck 

Trunk light doesn't work 3 years 1 month ago #3

• kadjar162
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

Hi I would think a fuse somewhere is most likely does rear wiper work , number plate , rear aux point etc etc etc if these ok I would go through all the fuses in fuse box many are NOT labelled correctly on the lid just ignore that decal I’m afraid best of luck

thanks for fast reply, after a bit of play around  found that there is power, but for some reason if check with voltmeter shows 14+V  , but if I connect bulb it's 0 voltage close to bulb, but if I move slightly away from bulb and check the voltage it's shows that there is voltage, so I have now idea as bulb is working itself, how it came there is voltage, but when I connect bulb voltage doesn't have enough "power"  to light it up, for. now  ordered a new conector, as from what I found on Google, it could be coz cable conection isn't good 

Re:Trunk light doesn't work 3 years 1 month ago #4

• darenh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 154

thanks for fast reply, after a bit of play around  found that there is power, but for some reason if check with voltmeter shows 14+V  , but if I connect bulb it's 0 voltage close to bulb, but if I move slightly away from bulb and check the voltage it's shows that there is voltage, so I have now idea as bulb is working itself, how it came there is voltage, but when I connect bulb voltage doesn't have enough "power"  to light it up, for. now  ordered a new conector, as from what I found on Google, it could be coz cable conection isn't good 

You’ve checked for power to the cables only?
It may be ground switches, so try the neg lead to a good know ground.
Also using a multi meter can give false readings, which I suspect you are getting now, because a meter won’t put any load on you may be seeing 12v though the switching device.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re:Trunk light doesn't work 3 years 1 month ago #5

• kadjar162
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
thanks for reply, tried with negative to car frame, still getting 14v, but you are right, probably,its shows voltage because its doesn't give any load on the cables,  but now I am stuck as I don't know were the issue is, there is any resistor for that cable somewhere, or what's the diagram of it as I couldn't find anything online, and taking off all the trim isn't best option, without knowing what am I looking for

Last edit: by kadjar162.
  • Page:
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.123 seconds