Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Air Con Stopped Working 3 years 3 weeks ago #1

• tonymc
  • tonymc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
It was bound to happen with the success we have had with my wife's Kadjar since she bought it in October!!! This time, it's the air con that seems to have stopped functioning, typically on the hottest day of the year so far......

I've trawled Google for similar cases, and there does seem to be one problem that raises it's head several times, that being the gas level is very low, even without signs of a leak.

However, before we go down the route of paying for it to be tested and possible regassing, is it possible that a fuse may have gone? I've tried finding out where the fuse is located, but the user manual only shows a diagram for the box in the cabin, and any air con fuse does not appear to be in this one. If anyone could advise if there is one and it's location, I would be extremely grateful.

Another thing that may (or may not) be related is that the automatic air recirculation warning light is displayed on the panel (reference D in the attached image), but it is not showing as switched on (no orange light on the air recirculation button, item 9). When the button is switched on, the Automatic air recirculation warning light goes off. Not sure if this is correct, or possibly a fault?

Anyhow, as with my previous posts, any help would be very much appreciated.

This message has an attachment file.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by tonymc.

Air Con Stopped Working 3 years 3 weeks ago #2

• Robertp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 199
How old is your car? Mine is deeply into 6th year and on general inspection (A+B) before end of warranty in december they found that there is shortage og 150g of cooling gas... and this is quite normal... 
so, indicator light on position 8 was on? If was and blowed air was not cold as expected then there is a shortage of gas. If light was not on then mostly is a problem either in compressor or preostat not in a fuse itself... or preasure of gas is to low (meaning that shortage of gas is more then 60-70%)
2016 White 1.6 dCi 4WD BOSE with Premium Techno Pack, Winter Pack, Panoramic glass roof & autodipp mirror and retractable towbar.
Added ambient illumination, few chrome trims,
Replaced R-Link2 V2.2 SW version 9. 0.34.611, enabled Android Auto and CarPlay (change USB slots)
Maps: Here 2022Q2

Air Con Stopped Working 3 years 3 weeks ago #3

• tonymc
Hi,

Thanks for replying.  The car is 2-1/2 years old (but we bought it 6 months ago), and not to my knowledge previously had any aircon check carried out.

As you noted, the aircon indicator light (8 ) was on, so your reply does confirm that it is most likely a re-gas of the system that is required rather than any major component failure. Just wanted t check, as if a major issue, the vehicle is still under warranty.

Thanks again for your advice - greatly appreciated.

Last edit: by tonymc.

Re:Air Con Stopped Working 3 years 3 weeks ago #4

• AOne
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 251
Just have in mind the re-gasing is expensive as it's using some eco-kind of gas. I did mine on the second year as it was getting too weak in cooling and this summer will do it again on its fourth year.

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk
1.6 dCI, 2WD, Zen+ , Retractable Tow Bar.
RLink 2 - V9.0.34.610, Here Maps (2021/Q4) + TomTom POIs and SpeedCams (2021_06)

Re:Air Con Stopped Working 3 years 3 weeks ago #5

• tonymc
Hi,

Thanks for that. I believe that the car does have the newer refrigerant, and is roughly double the price of the older R134a variety. However, in the hope we have a decent run of warm weather, better to bite the bullet now!!!!

• Page:
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.224 seconds