Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Changing Fog Light Bulb 2 years 8 months ago #1

• BenKadjar
  • BenKadjar's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 2
Well, that was a misadventure.
I have only had my Kadjar a few months, and today I noticed only 1 front fog light was working (passenger side).

Some of you will at this point know what is coming, and I feel a bit of a twit, but I thought I should post this in case anyone else searches for how to replace a fog light bulb.

So, I undid lots of the screws around the drivers side wheel arch and the flap guard in front of the front tyre. I used a youtube video someone else posted about (dare I say it) a Qashqai (as they share so much). 

Eventually after turning my arm in to something from a horror show, I had the bulb out. I was so pleased with myself and then I noticed - it appears fine. I tested it with my multimeter and all seemed well. It was then I did some further investigation and found out that they fog lights light up individually when you turn the wheel in either direction. Doh! I popped it back in, no mean feet, then tried turning the wheel and sure enough it works. What a doofus.

Anyway, I think I can see the funny side, and at least have learnt how to change the bulbs. I will not be scrimping on cheap bulbs when I replace them, as I do not want my forearm to go through that again.

I hope this helps someone and those that are well aware of the fog light turning system, please be gentle with me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: AOne, Jon161

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.116 seconds