Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Kadja Stop/Start issue 1 month 2 weeks ago #1

• cicero1973
  • cicero1973's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Good morning all,

Got a Renault Kadjar Diesel Automatic. Stop/Start stopped working recently. Changed to a brank new AGM battery, same specs according to manufacturer guidelines.

Did not solve the Stop/Start issue. Driven long distances with it, but to no avail.

Heard that on Clios, there is a fuse along the battery sensor that could be blown. Replacing would allegedly solve the issue. I thought the Kadjars are no different, but could not locate any fuse along the battery sensor circuit.

Does anyone has any idea where the fuse of the Kadjars battery sensor is located? And perhaps some ideas I could also check?

Thanks in advance and

regards

Colin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Kadja Stop/Start issue 1 month 4 days ago #2

• techie
Hi Colin,

Are there any messages showing up on the dash re the Start/Stop, as it not, then you are best getting the car scanned for any error codes, as there are a lot of sensors in the Kadjar that interact with the Start/Stop.
I had an issue with mine recently, a 2017 Manual, the dash showed Start/Stop and also Cruise Control messages, both not working, the Renault garage diagnosed it as a BCM (Body control Module), once that was replaced all was working again,

Paul.

Kadja Stop/Start issue 1 month 3 days ago #3

• cicero1973
  • cicero1973's Avatar Topic Author
Hi Paul

thanks for your response. In fact I am trying to get it diagnosed professionally.  Yes each time I start the car, the start-stop works for a split second, then it gives me a warning on the dashboard. The button turns Red, and pressing it won´t change the status.

When it all started, I had a bad battery - from one day to another the battery died. Replacing it with a brand new Bpsch AGM battery however, did not make the start stop work. I thought it was something with the ECU to get the battery registered or the error deleted.

I took it to a guy, who thinks is a professional on renault cars, and when he hooked it to his OBD scanner, he told me the battery was showing at 40% that is why the start stop stopped working. I said, it cant be, since battery is brand new and there is no chance in heaven or below that the car would start without the slightest problem at 40%. He removed the battery and charged it.... And the error stayed.

I have the feeling it is either the battery sensor sitting on the battery itself, or else, some fuse that got burnt. When the "old" battery went bust, I had the feeling it may have been a short or something that blew both battery and either fuse or battery sensor. But I have no way of checking that.

And to bring it to Renault dealer in Malta, is like offering a kidney on an auction. Damn expensive.

Thought would rather have a go myself if only I have either the repairs manual or a diagram and use of the fuses/electrical system of the kadjar.

but thanks again for the advise. I will definitely have a go with a ECU monitor first to see where the issue could be.

regards

Colin

Kadja Stop/Start issue 1 month 3 days ago #4

• techie
Hi Colin,
I use a dongle with an App I bought on my Android phone called Topscan, by Topdon, it give me a full readout of all the Data Streams on the car and I can see the charge on the Battery, I can also clear codes with it too,
Here is the site, if its any good to you:

https://eu.topdon.com/en-ie/collections/diy-tools

• Page:
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.121 seconds