Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Random alarm soundings 4 years 1 month ago #7

• Howell
  • Thank you received: 0
On the euro tunnel train, an alarm goes off, similar sound to that of trying to park with doors open. The alarm goes off periodically and message on dashboard is turn engine off. The local dealer have looked at the car and cannot find any fault for the problem. I have also I have contacted Renault UK, but no answer. As we are going over to france this time, by ferry with a 10 hour crossing. I want to be able to alleviate the problem. I was wondering if I deactivate the volumetric and tilt alarms would this cure the fault.
Has any one had any similar problems.

Thanks

Mike

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Random alarm soundings 4 years 1 month ago #8

• duracel3634
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 247
I might be wrong, but if you press and hold the lock button on the remote, after getting out and shutting the doors, you get I think 3 beeps and in theory, the alarm will not go off while on the ferry. I will check this when I go on the ferry to the Isle of Wight next Friday.

The train issue is another thing, do you stay in the car during the train journey listening to Music or watching a video?
2016 Black 1.2 TCE Signature Nav S Manual Petrol Bose with Tech Pack and Drop Tow Bar
Running Rlink 2 Version: 9.0.34.611 Boot 5661- Self activated Android Auto - Map Version: mappackage_tt_feu_mid_2018_06
Renault Austral Estate1.2 E-Tech FHEV Iconic Esprit Alpine 5dr Auto 4C

Random alarm soundings 3 years 3 months ago #9

• tonymc
Hi,

First of all, many thanks for posting this information. Christmas day morning at 04:00 our Kadjar alarm goes off and despite using the unlock/lock to reset, it kept on going off and probably annoying our neighbours!!!! Nothing like being out in the car in -4degrees temperature to get that festive spirit ;)

I did try the five presses of the open button to get an indication of the fault, but no joy with that. However, I did try the switch on ignition three times and then exit and lock, and got the four beeps and two flashes, so hopefully if it was the tilt sensor, this will have temporarily sorted the issue out.

However, did want to check if this means the tilt will be disabled permanently, or is it just until the next time the car is used?

Not sure if it is a coincidence, but I took the car in to the local dealer for the inoperative automatic wiper sensor to be checked, and they said that they had also done a security recall mod. I'll be getting in touch with them to get the alarm checked out when they reopen after Christmas.

Many thanks, and a safe and Happy Christmas to you all.

Random alarm soundings 3 years 3 months ago #10

• duracel3634
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 247
Sorry for the delay in approving your post.

What year is your car?
The security issue were you given a clue as to what the mod was?
2016 Black 1.2 TCE Signature Nav S Manual Petrol Bose with Tech Pack and Drop Tow Bar
Running Rlink 2 Version: 9.0.34.611 Boot 5661- Self activated Android Auto - Map Version: mappackage_tt_feu_mid_2018_06
Renault Austral Estate1.2 E-Tech FHEV Iconic Esprit Alpine 5dr Auto 4C

Random alarm soundings 3 years 3 months ago #11

• tonymc
Hi,

Thanks for getting back on the issue. Hope you had a good Christmas Day despite the restrictions.

The vehicle in question is a 68 plate (Nov 2018) Signature Nav TCE with the BOSE sunwoofer fitted.

With regard to the work undertaken by the dealer, unfortunately as I was in a hurry when picking it up, I didn't have time to discuss the work, but am hoping they will e-mail the information when they are back in next week, which will hopefully shed some light on it.

Again, many thanks for replying.

Random alarm soundings 1 year 9 months ago #12

• nordicgod
My 66 kadjar alarm keeps going off in sun light , as soon as cabin heats up boom the alarm goes off , pressed remote 5 times and get two beeps which relates to tilt sensor , phones my local Renault garage up and he says he has never heard of this problem and as it’s 5 years old then maybe just disconnect the siren , that’s all well and good but how do you disconnect the siren?  Tried pressing start stop 3 times before exiting car and then locking but never get the 4 beeps ? 

• Page:
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.130 seconds