Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Central GearShift Consul illumination 4 years 1 month ago #7

• mikegemmell@hotmail.co.uk
  • mikegemmell@hotmail.co.uk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 4
Gear Shift Central consul stripped down by Renault Dealer only to find that my Model (a Signature) did not have provision for illumination??? The Dealer wanted to charge ME £115 for this task, Renault Cust Services picked up the bill! The Dealer tells me that this illumination is "model dependant" - something I find hard to believe.
Signature
1500cc
Automatic
Diesel

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Central GearShift Consul illumination 4 years 1 month ago #8

• darenh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 154
Very hard to believe, mines a Signature and had it, although I upgraded the fitment and put an LED W5W
The following user(s) said Thank You: mikegemmell@hotmail.co.uk

Central GearShift Consul illumination 2 years 10 months ago #9

• Hepburn
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi Darenh, you have made a several excellent mods to your Kadjar. I have just got one and am finding several areas for improvement, especially the interior lighting. I have tried to get to the centre consol to check the LED light under the gear lever but could not find it as I battled to remove the actual box to see below where the light is so packed it in for another attempt later. Did you just run new wires and if so where did you pick up the positive? Did you have to put a resistor on the LED. I have a COB LED that I could use which will work without a resistor but it may be too big and bright, alternatively I have small 3mm LED but it will require a resistor. Please advise on your best method.

Central GearShift Consul illumination 2 years 10 months ago #10

• darenh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 154
The gear shift indicator bulb, is difficult to get at and requires some disassembly of the items around it and a little force to split the indicator part.

I used a w5w side light type led which is 12volt, having one spare and finding I could make it fit into the hole the OE holder came out from with a little heat shrink.

Wiring wise, I had already have under dash centre console led which are 3mm rind type, with resistors, so they are all powered from an ignition switches feed.

You could take the feed from the back of the Aux socket that follows ignition switching or use an add a fuse on the Aux power fuse at the glove box.

my setup involves the Aux socket power, ignition switch, switching a relay which I turn provides power to a Aux fuse box to supply my accessories.  All the cables are suitably size for current current rating.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hepburn

Central GearShift Consul illumination 2 years 4 months ago #11

• Magic OZ
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi,

Can you tell me how to get to th ebulb to get it replaced please many thanks

Richard

• Page:
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.127 seconds