Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Car battery dying 3 years 11 months ago #1

• jokso
  • jokso's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 3
Hello,
Few days a go battery was almost dead, even central lock wouldn't work, had to jumpstart it and then drove for half an hour in manual mode higher rpm to charge the battery. Yesterday all was good, drove it a little around town and later checked with my charger it was at 20%. This morning there was enough power for doors but not for starting engine.
The thing is our small city is on lockdown, dealer is in another city, no way to go there soon, not enough road to drive much, and so I thought to bring battery home to recharge it but friend who owns Capture said that removing battery on my own would erase some codes(satnav or something), and that I would have to go to dealer to fix that.

Is that true?

Sent from my phone

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Car battery dying 3 years 11 months ago #2

• Paul
  • Thank you received: 10
Disconnecting the battery will reset your R-link to default for sure.
I charge my battery using a CTEK CT5 charger, which can be done in situ without disconnecting or removing the battery.
Paul
Signature 1.5 dci
Now 1.3 GT Line

Car battery dying 3 years 11 months ago #3

• Roxy1234
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 45
I would say you need to take the car to the dealership, the battery could be faulty but it sounds as if there could be something draining the battery, it’s not normal for a battery to go so flat as to not operate anything...in such a short time...

Car battery dying 3 years 11 months ago #4

• AOne
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 251

Disconnecting the battery will reset your R-link to default for sure.
I charge my battery using a CTEK CT5 charger, which can be done in situ without disconnecting or removing the battery.
Paul

I doubt it would reset the R-Link. Sounds too lame if Renault did it that way.
1.6 dCI, 2WD, Zen+ , Retractable Tow Bar.
RLink 2 - V9.0.34.610, Here Maps (2021/Q4) + TomTom POIs and SpeedCams (2021_06)

Car battery dying 3 years 11 months ago #5

• tynesider
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 19
Due to minimum mileage due to lock down I also have had the 'Low Battery' sign come up on the information panel.
Went for a run to charge the battery and all was ok for a few days, then 'Low Battery light' again,

Well maybe nothing to do with the problem but I realized the wire lead to charge my phone in the car has a cigarette connection plug with a pilot light always on
as I just leave it and no problems before, so I unplugged it, now when I go out once a week for supplies and also 'charge up' (about 8 mile) I also now switch off air con and the radio and no problems since:)

So have you anything 'on' when your parked?? AND I assume your battery connections are tight
2019 Silver 1.3 TCe Dynamic turbo petrol, manual,

Last edit: by tynesider.

Car battery dying 3 years 11 months ago #6

• jokso
  • jokso's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 3
I never saw low battery sign.

It was battery, took it home empty charged it on 6A and it was full in less than 2 hours? No way, also it was its 5th year. So I left it overnight on pulse repair, but had to drive few km every day in order to be able to start the car next morning. Maybe if I did repair charge for a few nights it would break sulfatisation, but I live at 4th floor with no elevator and taking it up and back once a day is to much, so this morning I decided to go buy a new one.....funny thing it didn't have enough juice to start:blink: :cheer: . Jumpstart again, 130 euros and new battery is in.

Taking battery out didn't reset rlink, I still have my settings, fm presets and satnav destinations. Only thing it resets is trip in trip computer, which is a shame because I set that on the day I bought the car.(tracking mpg and overall fuel spent)
My previous car Citroen C4 didn't reset trips or anything else when removing battery, only clock and date.
The following user(s) said Thank You: AOne, Roxy1234

Last edit: by jokso.
  • Page:
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.170 seconds