Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Re:Battery change 3 years 9 months ago #7

• fixer
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 27
Nice one, thanks for the update on that.
Please be cautious when disconnecting and reconnecting, keep keys away from the car during the process especially keyless entry keys.
Always disconnect negative - terminal first and re connect last. Mainly due to the risk of short circuit as the - terminal connected to vehicle frame
The following user(s) said Thank You: palmer

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Battery change 3 years 9 months ago #8

• palmer
  • palmer's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Thank all for the responses I’m feeling happier to replace myself,I had searched the internet and got conflicting reports some say need to register with car others not.I have stop start system by the way so agm battery as for why I had usual lack of stop start had car in for new tyre and they offered me a free battery check no idea what they used but the result was 40%battery condition and advises to probably replace before winter.Thanks again all

Battery change 3 years 9 months ago #9

• darenh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 154
I wouldn’t bother, as a Euro 6 ish car with smart charging the battery only normally charges upto around 80%.
Unless you are doing some miles the stop/start will probably not work any way. Especially at these times if you are doing short trips then the battery never gets chance to charge up. All in the name of economy and emission saving.
The following user(s) said Thank You: palmer

• Page:
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.450 seconds