Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Limp Mode 5 years 1 week ago #7

• allytan
  • allytan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 2
I joined an a road behind a slow lorry, and a car behind me flashed me to come out, my revs at the time I would think was 2,500 RPM I am quite a gentle driver, and as I pressed the pedal down the pedal seemed to disappear beneath my foot, and would not return until I pulled of the road, it was very disturbing as I could not understand what was going on, had it been an older car I would have thought that the accelerator cable had become detached,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Limp Mode 5 years 1 week ago #8

• allytan
Many thanks for your comments, I was using petrol from my normal supplier, and had driven from Kent to Southampton and the fault occurred on the return journey.

Limp Mode 5 years 1 week ago #9

• turboted10
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 26
The kadjar is fly by wire so although no cable there is still a simple spring return system for the actual pedal. Just sounds as if it was prevented from returning by your other foot or the carpet or something rolling about on the floor.

Did you press the brake pedal while the pedal was fully down? There is a system that engages limp home if the brake is pressed under hard acceleration, I know because it happened to me, the RAC couldn't pick up on it but the dealers kit did.

Limp Mode 4 years 11 months ago #10

• allytan
Just had the car serviced and they said that they thought the limp mode was something associated with the gearbox software?, they updated the gearbox software and the car pulls away far more smoothly, feels like a different car to drive. They also said that when you go into limp mode the gas pedal stays down to the floor until the ecu sorts out the problem.
The following user(s) said Thank You: duracel3634

• Page:
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.157 seconds