Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Kadjar 5 years 9 months ago #1

• gdb
  • gdb's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hey Guys, I need some help.

I am leasing a Kadjar for five months using the EuroDrive program and am wanting to build a sleeping platform for the car once I get to France. I live in Australia and unfortunately the Kadjar Model isn't sold here so I cant go and look at the car to get exact dimensions that will assist me to design the platform. I would like to have as much organised for building this before I arrive so that things can go as smoothly as possible. I am and engineering student so I know how to build/design ect... I just need a few dimensions and bits of information. Any help would be amazing.

Before anyone mentions it... I am fully aware that the car needs to be returned to Renault in as new condition. I will make it my first and foremost priority to ensure this happens. 

I need to know the following...

The exact length and width of the boot floor with the seats up (not including the flush lip of the boot that isn't accessible when the boot is closed
The height of the wheel arches on both left and right (the sleeping platform will be placed above the wheel arches because it is too narrow in between them).
The width of the boot end above the wheel arches (the dimensions renault provides only states the width at the base of the boot between the wheel arches, I need to know this so that I can figure out the width of the sleeping platform).
The height of the storage compartments below the boot.
The difference in height between the boot floor and the back seats when they are folded down ( It is my understanding that the seats don't fold completely flat so I will need to know this to adjust the front legs of the platform accordingly).

Also I would also like to know if floor of the boot can carry significant weight, considering there is an empty storage compartment below it, I am wondering if the cover for this compartment (ie. the normal boot base) is strong enough to carry the weight of the platform and those sleeping on it. If not i can remove these covers and design the platform to rest at the base of the storage compartment. 

If you need more clarification on these questions please let me know.  

Any help at all is appreciated, and any advice from anyone who has slept in the Kadjar before would be amazing.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Kadjar 5 years 9 months ago #2

• Shedder101
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • be at piece with your god
  • Thank you received: 76
Hi

if you look at our download pages you will find everything we have there, i do believe there are several pdf files with the info
Dynamique Nav 1.5 dCi 110 EDC Auto A nice Blue one

Kadjar 5 years 9 months ago #3

• Thank you received: 8
Could you post a picture of a similar sleeping platform mounted on another SUV, so we can see what we are talking about here?

Kadjar 5 years 9 months ago #4

• gdb
  • gdb's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
It will be something along the lines of these two. It will need to be more of a table design as the front legs will need to be longer than the back to accommodate for the incline in the folded down seats. I will also be lacking in power saws as it is not my home country so ideally need to design it so that these are not needed. 

Thanks

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Kadjar 5 years 9 months ago #5

• Thank you received: 8
The length at boot floor level with rear seats up is 87 cm
The length at boot floor level with rear seats folded is 170 cm
Heigth in the rear opening is 81 cm
The support for the upper boot floor is not very substantial, it's a plastic profile.

• Page:
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.123 seconds