• Page:

TOPIC:

Wet footwell 6 months 1 week ago #1

• CHAZA123
  • CHAZA123's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 6
Hi,
i wonder if anyone can help 
I have noticed the drivers side footwell in my2018 dynamicgue s 1.3 petrol appears to be wet (uk car right hand drive ) 
I’ve researched forums etc and have cleaned out the drains below the windscreen and in the bottom of the doors and all appear to be clear .
there was mention of the air con not draining properly and I wondered if anyone new where the ac drain outlet is under the car and what it looks like so I can ensure it’s not blocked 
any ideas would be much appreciated 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Wet footwell 6 months 6 days ago #2

• CHAZA123
Morning 
with regards to the above issue could anyone suggest where I can find instructions to remove the centre console and the carpets to see if I can identify the source 
also could this be a condensation issue as the wet patch appears to be in the area where the hot air from the heater passes into the rear of the car and I have heavy duty rubber mats fitted 
any help or advice would be much appreciated 

Wet footwell 5 months 2 weeks ago #3

• CHAZA123
Thank you for all the views I think I have sorted the issue and hope this can help others 
I re checked all the drains on the windscreen scuttle using a plastic cocktail stick and managed to get some crud out of the drivers side ( uk car right hand drive ) windscreen wiper drain hole I then washed everything through with water and a strong windscreen washer fluid/ water mix 
it appears I had a blockage somewhere in one of the drivers side drains which is now clear and draining properly 
what I thought was condensation was just the carpet not dried out fully( this area now dry )
i located the air conditioner drain and it appeared clear 
fingers crossed it was just a build up of rubbish in a drain 
The following user(s) said Thank You: everson

• Page:
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.118 seconds