Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC:

Right mirror not opening. 5 years 5 months ago #7

• AOne
  • AOne's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 251

A. My insurance policy covers any kind of damage by any reason by any person all exterior lights, mirrors and glasses. 
So BTW, hom much do you pay for insurance for your car and what does it covers? 
Shall we open a new topic? Since we are here from all winds it can be very interesting... 

My insurance policy pays for everything. I've already replaced the "leather" of the gear lever. Twice! Front screen and bumper are replaced and the hood is repainted - all due to gravel flying from other cars in the winter and making small chips on the paint and glass (mostly driving in Austria). I've only noticed the chips on the paint. The small pits in the glass were too tiny to spot'em but the insurance broker did and insisted to replace the screen, though I didn't want to at first. In my country (Bulgaria) it costed me approx 1000 Euro the first year and 800, the second (including the insurance, for which other cars are getting paid if I do something - don't know the english term).
 But as it's not a damage, but a fault, it should be replaced by a dealer under warranty.
1.6 dCI, 2WD, Zen+ , Retractable Tow Bar.
RLink 2 - V9.0.34.610, Here Maps (2021/Q4) + TomTom POIs and SpeedCams (2021_06)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by AOne.

Right mirror not opening. 5 years 2 months ago #8

• franeti
  • Thank you received: 1
I have installed the kit for the mirrors. Why does this auto folding mirror kit not open when the door is opened? Like the new cars from 2016? This is a problem, sometimes when you turn on the car, the right mirror stops! 
I have to press start-stop, wait to open it and then start-stop to engine

is there something to configure and change how works?

Last edit: by franeti.

Right mirror not opening. 5 years 2 months ago #9

• duracel3634
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 247

I have installed the kit for the mirrors. Why does this auto folding mirror kit not open when the door is opened? Like the new cars from 2016? This is a problem, sometimes when you turn on the car, the right mirror stops! 
I have to press start-stop, wait to open it and then start-stop to engine

is there something to configure and change how works?

I had my kit fitted by the Renault dealer not long after I bought my car from new.
Mine open when the car is started and close when I lock the doors, providing they are locked within 10 min, approx, of switching off the engine.
2016 Black 1.2 TCE Signature Nav S Manual Petrol Bose with Tech Pack and Drop Tow Bar
Running Rlink 2 Version: 9.0.34.611 Boot 5661- Self activated Android Auto - Map Version: mappackage_tt_feu_mid_2018_06
Renault Austral Estate1.2 E-Tech FHEV Iconic Esprit Alpine 5dr Auto 4C

Right mirror not opening. 5 years 2 months ago #10

• turboted10
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 26
This happened to me on Friday last and is why I like manual control better.

We were squeezing through a very tight gap trying to get out of a hospital car, I had followed several cars. Car on either side and the one wrongly parked had his mirrors folded, the other didn't. I was very close and couldn't have got by had his not been folded.
He walked straight out of the hospital entrance and obviously flicked his ket before he even got to his car. I knocked his mirror fully round at less than walking pace. No damage to my paint luckily but he just didn't realise or give it much thought. (wouldn't have had too much sympathy with him anyway had I caused him damage, should have positioned his car more courteously), Give me a button to press any day.

Right mirror not opening. 5 years 2 months ago #11

• franeti
  • Thank you received: 1
Renault for this problem does not answer. One person suggested to me to put something in the relay to delay its function and then the mirror jam would not happen. For me it is curious that to close if it works well and not to open. that's why I thought of software to modify the central with ddt4all and I investigated but I do not know which option to change.I attached a photo

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Last edit: by franeti.

Right mirror not opening. 5 years 2 months ago #12

• duracel3634
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 247

Renault for this problem does not answer. One person suggested to me to put something in the relay to delay its function and then the mirror jam would not happen. For me it is curious that to close if it works well and not to open. that's why I thought of software to modify the central with ddt4all and I investigated but I do not know which option to change.I attached a photo

Did you use the instructions in our download section to fit your mirrors and did you use the kit it references?
If yes to both, I trust you followed the instructions as per RHD or LHD as per your particular car.
There should be no need to make adjustments to Rlink
There is a relay that comes with the kit.
2016 Black 1.2 TCE Signature Nav S Manual Petrol Bose with Tech Pack and Drop Tow Bar
Running Rlink 2 Version: 9.0.34.611 Boot 5661- Self activated Android Auto - Map Version: mappackage_tt_feu_mid_2018_06
Renault Austral Estate1.2 E-Tech FHEV Iconic Esprit Alpine 5dr Auto 4C

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.137 seconds