• Page:

TOPIC:

Wiper sets other than original? 5 years 4 months ago #1

• AOne
  • AOne's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 251
Has anybody ordered wipers not from the dealer? I bought mine 6 months ago from my bulgarian dealer and they're already rubbish. They were something like 17 euro  both. Today had a trip to Austria and went to check the price in the local dealer. After some head shaking and waving, trying to explain me, he speaks absolutely no english, finally understood, that I wouldn't spell not a single word in german either, and in perfect english claimed 53 euro for the front set. I made a big smile and walked straight out, blessing his entire genealogy in my mind. Any body with such experience, buying from Alibaba, Amazon or whatever?
1.6 dCI, 2WD, Zen+ , Retractable Tow Bar.
RLink 2 - V9.0.34.610, Here Maps (2021/Q4) + TomTom POIs and SpeedCams (2021_06)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by AOne.

Wiper sets other than original? 5 years 4 months ago #2

• Redkadj
  • Thank you received: 10
Not replaced ours  yet but when it's time I will be going to an aftermarket store and buying a set from an established manufacturer.
Don't forget, Renault don't make wiper blades.

Wiper sets other than original? 5 years 4 months ago #3

• Robertp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 199
I did replaced them twice... I did that every year (12 months) of usage. I use Wurth replacement blades, like 25-30 EUR for set. Satisfied with them, altought in speed greater then 130km/h a driver blade (longer) has some problem on left edge (not enough pressure on windshield).
2016 White 1.6 dCi 4WD BOSE with Premium Techno Pack, Winter Pack, Panoramic glass roof & autodipp mirror and retractable towbar.
Added ambient illumination, few chrome trims,
Replaced R-Link2 V2.2 SW version 9. 0.34.611, enabled Android Auto and CarPlay (change USB slots)
Maps: Here 2022Q2

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: AOne

Wiper sets other than original? 5 years 4 months ago #4

• AOne
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

I did replaced them twice... I did that every year (12 months) of usage. I use Wurth replacement blades, like 25-30 EUR for set. Satisfied with them, altought in speed greater then 130km/h a driver blade (longer) has some problem on left edge (not enough pressure on windshield).

Thanks
I also replace them once a year. The first set lasted that long. On my previous Scenic, I was very happy with the original set, which were Valeo and also lasted a year, having in mind, I'm very pretentious bout wipers.
RLink 2 - V9.0.34.610, Here Maps (2021/Q4) + TomTom POIs and SpeedCams (2021_06)

Wiper sets other than original? 5 years 4 months ago #5

• AOne
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
These arrived yesterday. 
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003AWN2FU/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1&tag=tapainc-20

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00K69H85U/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1&tag=tapainc-20

The long front one is exactly the same. The rear fits perfectly, but the front short one is an inch shorter. The were recommended from 3-4 guys in our local forum.

Last edit: by AOne.

Wiper sets other than original? 5 years 3 months ago #6

• FT
  • Thank you received: 2
I only use Bosch aero twin on all our cars, long life and generally no lift at higher speeds plus clean wipe. They are really good originals were useless !
1.5 signature s nav

• Page:
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.129 seconds